Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Audaxers to the forum please.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Sat here with a 600km coming up and thinking that there must be something I should be worried about. But I’ve packed my bag; 2 x tubes, repair kit, some tools, waterproof, spare battery for garmin with just cash and phone to go in. Lights on bike and that’s it.
    I’m thinking it’s probably a good idea to nap rather than push on through 24 hours.
    Who’s been here?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Must be an easy 600 if you’re going to get round in 24 hours….

monksie
    Free Member

I knew before I clicked in to this that there would be a mention of ‘racing’ or long mileage. You never disappoint oldgit 🙂
    It’s an audax in the UK, not a transverse of New South Wales.
    Pedal. Eat when you want something to eat. Stop when you want to stop. Sleep when you want to sleep. Take some cash. Buy an ice cream. Enjoy other riders company. Enjoy the ride. It’s not a race.
    Nobody cares if you don’t unclip once for the whole route or if you only just make the cut off. Just you……desperately caring it would seem….

oldgit
    Free Member

Push on past 24 hours

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s an audax in the UK, not a transverse of New South Wales.
    Pedal. Eat when you want something to eat. Stop when you want to stop. Sleep when you want to sleep. Take some cash. Buy an ice cream. Enjoy other riders company. Enjoy the ride. It’s not a race.

It really is that simple isn’t it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm, it might rain, take a waterproof/wind proof jacket 🙂

BOL

monksie
    Free Member

Yes, it really is. You can even pack it in and get the train home if you don’t feel like completing it. Nobody cares ( let somebody know though).
    Unstressed the whole thing. It’s an anti race. Just a long bike ride. Enjoy it.w

oldgit
    Free Member

Doing the ‘Buzzard’ which starts just yards from my front door. The first 100km I can do from memory. And I can pretty well remember the last 100 plus Kms as well. Seems rude not to ride it.

oldgit
    Free Member

Well I did my 600km this weekend and it was the toughest. Having earned my SR this year im ready to put audax on the back boiler and get ready to return to racing in 2015, anything for an easy life.

damitamit
    Free Member

Surely you need to wait to 2016 for racing. It’s PBP year next year!

slugwash
    Free Member

What damitamit said. If you can knock out a 600, no problem, in a year when you don’t even have to, then it would be a shame not to do it again in a year when it could get you to Paris (and onto Brest & back!)
    It’s a great atmosphere on the PBP. 🙂

houndlegs
    Free Member

Oldgit, how long did it take you? How often did you stop/sleep? Talk us through it please.

MoreCashThanDash

As someone who never gets to go beyond a 150k audax, inspire us with your tale.

Then submit the story to Arrive

wilburt
    Free Member

Yep, interested tell all please, I would even like to know if you unclipped etc.

hofnar
    Free Member

how are the plans for your pyrenees audax coming on? Do you hand out invites for that one?

MoreCashThanDash

Presumably the OP missed the cut off time if he’s not back yet? 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Audaxers to the forum please.’ is closed to new replies.