Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Audacity on my Mac book pro.
  • zippykona

I’m always extremely wary of downloading anything for free.
    How do I know if what I’m downloading is safe?
    Is there a reputable source I can buy this or something similar from?
    Would Garage Band do what Audacity does?
    As usual no techy terms please.

somafunk

If you are merely wanting to record any audio on your mac then what about Audio Hijack?, I’ve been using Audio Hijack and Fission for years (paid for, not the free version) or have a look at their other software for macs

mboy
    Free Member

Audacity is a brilliant bit of sound recording software. The only thing I’ve used that would rival it IMO is the old Sony Soundforge that was sadly Windows only.

Obviously programs like Logic, ProTools etc will also allow you to record and edit Audio, but at far greater expense and complexity. For a simple bit of software, Audacity really is very good…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimbobo
    Free Member

I used audacity for a bit, but to be honest, garage band does most things i need.

leffeboy

Audacity is great but if you are requesting no techy terms then it might not be right for you. But its safe IMO, ive had it on my puters for years although I mainly use ableton

seosamh77
    Free Member

garageband is better than audacity, which is really just a multitrack recorder and not much else.

Audacity is fine though, you’re just paranoid. Download it from the audacity site or sourceforge, happy days.

What you actually wanting to do?

seosamh77
    Free Member

https://ardour.org/

is another free multitrack daw that’ll do more than audacity will.

edit, actually ignore this, looking at the download options, looks like they are looking for some form or payment or a cut version for free.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Audacity on my Mac book pro.’ is closed to new replies.