Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ATTN tech types: new tablet advice needed
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hay guys

Looking for a tablet before heading off to Afghanistan in November. What’s good at the moment? I have an android phone so am used to that OS. I need a tablet with wifi but it can’t have 3G for me to be able to take it with me. I need to be able to load up a shed load of games, movies and music before I go.

Been looking at the Galaxy Note 10.1

What advice would you guys give?

thehustler
    Free Member

I have the note 10.1 and think its fantastic, the micro sd expansion slot means you can store loads, its not a half bad camera and video to boot

cranberry
    Free Member

Note 10.1 owner here as well – a very good tablet, and you can increase the storage so there’s plenty of space for games and films.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, another Samsung fan here. Also, easy to load more stuff on to memory cards, which are nice and easy to transport, and don’t need teh interwebz for more memory capacity! (Given that you may not always have access to teh webz…)

Oh, and stay safe out there!

crush83
    Free Member

Souns like a good option over the well known fruity tablet then!

I wont have much chance to get on the web over the 4 months im away so the option of removable storage is helpful. Any idea if you could plug an external HD into it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IIRC you can, as long as the HDD is self-powered (or possibly if the tablet is charging). Then again, three big memory cards might be enough.

Murray

Nook HD+. £150 so a disposable item. Works fine, has access to Google Play with latest official firmware.

cranberry
    Free Member

You can get hard drives with built-in wi-fi – that might be a good solution to getting data on to the Note.

crush83
    Free Member

Cool what is the video quality and sound like on the note? Do I need a external speaker or headphones?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ATTN tech types: new tablet advice needed’ is closed to new replies.