Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Attn. beer drinkers: Crafty Dan micro-brewery, Blackburn.
  • globalti
    Free Member

Thwaites are not known amongst beer enthusiasts, but now they’ve launched a range of three bottled craft beers. They come in 330ml bottles but with 5.5% ABV and they are SUPERB, bursting with flavour. I strongly recommend you try a bottle of each.

Here: http://www.thwaites.co.uk/thwaitesbeerco/beer_brands/craft_beers/crafty_dan/

john_drummer
    Free Member

I quite like a few of their beers – Wainwright & Tavern Porter in particular

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, Wainwright is okay. It’s not up there with local greats such as Moorhouse’s Blond Witch or Copper Dragon’s Golden Pippin though.

djglover
    Free Member

If you are passing Ilkley, and like your ale, this place is class

http://www.wharfedalebrewery.com/the-flying-duck

john_drummer
    Free Member

if you’re passing Ilkley then a trip to Booths supermarket is also worthwhile. Pop into Waitrose in Otley while you’re at it 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Aaaah…. Booths…. and Booths Clitheroe have the most stunning, gorgeous, beautiful new cashier. When she served me last weekend I found myself speechless with awe and admiration for the first time in my adult life.

ourmaninthenorth

Aaaah…. Booths…. and Booths Clitheroe have the most stunning, gorgeous, beautiful new cashier. When she served me last weekend I found myself speechless with awe and admiration for the first time in my adult life.

It’s true, Booths is clearly superior in every way!

Crafty Dan is pretty good. Thwaites are good at supporting small breweries – they have provided some funding for the pub, the Silver Tally, opened by Patsy Slevin (owner of the Prospect Brewery).

Gary_C

The Three B’s microbrewery in Blackburn produce some fine ales too, imho.

Free Member

My closest supermarket too! I must pay more attention to the cashiers!!

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Got a few bottles of their 13 Guns over Christmas, very nice.

Cougar

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

The Three B’s microbrewery in Blackburn produce some fine ales too, imho.

They do, which is why I’m going to be propping up their bar on Friday.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Is it still a craft beer if its owned by Thwaites? Or is it small independent brewery and Thwaites are acting as a publisher would? Either way, I’ll keep an eye out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Attn. beer drinkers: Crafty Dan micro-brewery, Blackburn.’ is closed to new replies.