Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Attn 80's rockers: Tonight I shall Blackout in the Red Room
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That’s right, going to see Love/Hate at Camden Underworld. I hear still some tickets available, so come & join the noise!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Jealous*

Work and Little Miss CFH have conspired against me attending.

Pigface
    Free Member

So who is still in the line up, they were a really good band, enjoy. Amazed they have tickets left.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Stolen from the Underworld’s website:

After more than a decade LOVE/HATE returns to the scene leaner and meaner than ever! Lead singer JIZZY PEARL (RATT, L.A. Guns) and his all-star band–ROBBIE CRANE (RATT, Lynch Mob) KERI KELLI (Alice Cooper, Slash’s Snakepit) and MATT STARR (Ace Frehley) play the music of LOVE/HATE, a band forged from the Sunset Strip and whose music still rocks with such hits as BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM, WHY DO YOU THINK THEY CALL IT DOPE, SHE’S AN ANGEL and the KNAC radio mega-hit SPINNING WHEEL.

LOVE/HATE has the distinction of being many a musician’s ‘favorite band’, LOVE/HATE and their music continues to influence bands young and old alike. Which makes LOVE/HATE all the more special in 2013.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

CFH, may I present a solution:

1) I send you a celendar invite containing some plausible technobable for a plausible meeting from 16:30 to 18:00
    2) You purchase a ticket for yourself and your young lady

Problem solved 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Little Miss CFH is about 3 months so a little early to go to the Underworld 😆

If Mr Pearl has still got his voice then that lineup should be pretty good.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Little Miss CFH is about 3 months so a little early to go to the Underworld

🙂

She loves Iron Maiden’s “The Trooper” already, though! 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Couple of earplugs and job’s a good ‘un!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I reckon she’d like these;

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Right, we’re all set then. There’s a couple of us making our way up from Holborn via a few pubs (possibly start in the Fox), so should be in the Worlds End by about 7.

Or, I could just let you know how awesome it was tomorrow!

mikey74
    Free Member

They’re still going? I always thought they were mediocre at best, with no more than a couple of decent tunes. The hits were pretty good, but when you got into their albums, there wasn’t much else IMO.

I always thought there were better bands to come out of that era, such as LA Guns.

Cougar

Oh, nice one. I didn’t know they were still going either. Blackout was a tremendous album IMHO.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Chaps, you missed a blinder!

’twas a most excellent gig, and in case anyone asks, it wasn’t me, it must have been my Evil Twin

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Right, now I’m sitting comfortably and not still enjoying the side effects of a pint or few, I can report the Jizzy has still got it and the set list was as follows:

1.The Boozer
    2.Yucca Man
    3.Tumbleweed
    4.Spit
    5.Fuel To Run
    6.Straightjacket
    7.One More Round
    8.Spinning Wheel
    9.Tranquilizer
    10.She’s An Angel
    11.Mary Jane
    12.Evil Twin
    13.Hell, CA, Pop. 4
    14.Wasted In America
    15.Why Do You Think They Call It Dope?
    16.Ace Of Spades
    17.Blackout In The Red Room

senorj

I loved the first album.
    Bit of a guilty pleasure.
    Is the underworld still a sh^thole?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I suppose you could describe the Underworld as such, but I like it. I nice small venue. We need more places like it!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Attn 80's rockers: Tonight I shall Blackout in the Red Room’ is closed to new replies.