Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Attitude to Landfill & recycling
  • howarthp

It’s a crappy weather day so I’m having a huge clear out. I’ve got several boxes of stuff that have moved from house to house and stay in the box. It’s not good enough to sell or worth taking to a charity shop. Do I just chuck it? I have a guilty feeling regarding landfill.

I try to recycle as much as I can too – to the point that my wife thinks I’m nuts

midlifecrashes

Bonfire, you can put the ashes in landfill, but they will take up less space.

fasthaggis

Take it to your local tip and put as much in the appropriate skips.Leave the mixed waste skip till last.

howarthp

In fact I’ve just read that the UK sends 680lb per year per capita to landfill, the EU average is 415lb and Germany sends 7lb (but do a lot of incineration)

bearnecessities

Bonfire, you can put the ashes in landfill, but they will take up less space.

Bit harsh, she only said he was nuts.

howarthp

Very tempting though…

fasthaggis

Oh oh ,the bear has pounced 🙂

phiiiiil

In this bit of Staffordshire all the general rubbish is incinerated. I feel better knowing that even the stuff that we can’t recycle is turned into electricity…

Esme
    Free Member
    project
    Free Member

Paper, glass, metals, electricals, cardboard boxes,plastics, can all be recycled at out local recycle centre for free.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Attitude to Landfill & recycling’ is closed to new replies.