Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Attention gypos – bike stuff in Lidl
  • IHN
    DezB
    Free Member

Hurrah! £3.90 for a wireless computer!

sofatester
    Free Member

Who you calling a gypo? Gypo!

wwaswas

you were on there checking IHN…

ridethelakes
    Free Member

I object to the word Gypo, it’s a derogatory term and I’m sure many pikeys on here will be very offended.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheers mate…..
    🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

We get so ripped off for things, I got a Xen they are nearly £100 these days RRP, this meets the same safety requirement, the same amount of parts to make it, the same technique to make it and its under a tenner!!!

With shock absorbing EPS inner shell
    Conforms to EN1078
    With removable visor
    Adjustable size (cm): 54 – 60 or 59 – 65
    Adjustable headband via patented rotating dial
    Price per item

8.79*

Surfr
    Free Member

I fancy a couple of them computers. Reckon they’ll reach the rear wheel? my Cateye wireless doesn’t.

mudshark
    Free Member

I got a couple of these for the garage last time which work well:

Don’t think her legs have climbed many hills:

IHN

you were on there checking IHN…

Only ‘cos the Fortnum and Mason site is down 🙂

antigee

got an electronic caliper today for less than £8.00 good enough for number of times I’ll use it

this weeks specials included bolt cutters!

Olly
    Free Member

ill be getting a computer.

my 3 quid track pump is coming into its 4th year now, and still going strong.
    shame they dont appear to have them again

RudeBoy
    Free Member

We get so ripped off for things

It’s so true. LiDLs prove that stuff needunt be so spensive. Those SPD shoes I bought last year are every bit as good as loads of other ones costing 3-4 times as much. They cost me £15.

LiDLs rocks!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member

We get so ripped off for things

It’s so true. LiDLs prove that stuff needunt be so spensive. Those SPD shoes I bought last year are every bit as good as loads of other ones costing 3-4 times as much. They cost me £15.

LiDLs rocks!

I agree, mine are great.. Looks like they’ve gone up in price though… £18 extortionate!

cp

as long as you happen to be the right size for stuff to fit, or are happy to accept compromise. no shoes i’ve tried are as comfy as specialized body geometry, likewise Aldi/Lidl bike clothes dont fit me at all.

As for the helmet, it’s probably not as light/well ventilated/good looks as the more expensive stuff from proper manufacturers. These guys actually do the research then some pikey outfit copies the shape and material, and just has production and distribution costs to cover, rather than any dev work.

AND, an Aldi wireless computer I had a couple of years ago was crap. was such a waste of money simply because it was so bad…

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

cp – I have to agree with you on the computer front, mine packed in after a week.

But so did my Cateye computer..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I then to go for the jerseys. I’ve got 3 now and they are all brilliant, wore one to ride in this morning actually
    🙂

BoardinBob

Two years on and my Lidl computer still works flawlessly.

Ewok
    Free Member

How hard is it getting hold of these things? do you have to go to a huge lidl?

BoardinBob

They’ll be in every store but expect the place to be ransacked by 9:30am on Thursday morning

finbar
    Free Member

My experience with Lidl/Aldi cycling kit is that the zips are sh1t and the shorts/leggings are tailored for a completely non-cyclist body shape (too baggy around the waist but horrendously tight around the thighs).

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve generally found the Aldi clothing to be not too bad. The Lidl stuff is crap though.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

merino jumpers in aldi at the moment for about £12/14

looked alright.

DezB
    Free Member

How hard is it getting hold of these things? do you have to go to a huge lidl?

You could always buy the same stuff off Ebay for twice the price.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Christ, owning any of this stuff qualifies you as feral. I’ll be hunting with hounds this weekend.

julianwilson
    Free Member

one of my friends has the panniers. Basic but have been through a few storms and absurdly cheap for seam sealed rolltops. She is well chuffed with them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Guess there will be alot of biking stuff on ebay later on that day then.

mikee
    Free Member

the aldi stuffs better been using it for the past 3 yrs the winter
    longs are superb as is the shell top
    £3 for a pair of thinsulate gloves cant go wrong

RudeBoy
    Free Member

pk-ripper – Member
    Christ, owning any of this stuff qualifies you as feral. I’ll be hunting with hounds this weekend.

Bring ’em on. My Pit Bulls and Rottweillers will be pleased to meat you….

…speshly as they like their meat PONCE flavoured…

AndyP
    Free Member

As for the helmet, it’s probably not as light/well ventilated/good looks as the more expensive stuff from proper manufacturers. These guys actually do the research then some pikey outfit copies the shape and material, and just has production and distribution costs to cover, rather than any dev work.

[NTW argument mode on] nonsense. It’s made of the same stuff, ergo it is as good.Don’t come here with your fancy talk about R&D, ventilation etc. [/NTW argument mode off]

grumm
    Free Member

There’s no point whinging about how much a Xen helmet costs compared to a Lidl one. There’s no one forcing you to buy the Xen instead of a Lidl one is there? It’s just that you would probably be embarrased to wear it out!

molgrips
    Free Member

Hm.. why are they so cheap? Who’s getting f*cked over in which third world country?

grumm
    Free Member

I’m not really convinced by that argument either. People always say this about Primark etc but are they really any worse then branded gear? Probably costs about the same to produce, just the margins are much lower.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Attention gypos – bike stuff in Lidl’ is closed to new replies.