• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Attention Guy Martin fans! (And if you're not, you will be)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In MCN today, there's a big article headlined "Guy Martin gets primetime BBC1 Series"

😀

I can't find a link, but basically the sideburn wearing northern nutter is getting his own show where he'll
    "convert a 60ft canal barge. [other] Ideas include forging a kettle in a homemade blast furnace and creating a steam powered shower"

Apparently BBC management are "talking about him as a cross between Fred Dibnah and Steve McQueen"

Fliming starts in September, and should be on air 10th January 2011.

I just can't wait for that. Guy is just brilliant!

rkk01
    Free Member

I like Guy Martin.

they may want to add subtitles though 😆

Drac

Wolverine.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes they will, and yes he is! 😉

I can't find anything on the web about this at all, not even on the MCN site…..But it's here in front of me in black and white 🙂

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

tea?

Drac

Had to Google him and found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjfi-ZhzLOI seems a nice chap with a passion for engineering. Rides a Orange too.

Can't see why he needs Subtitles or is that for the Southerners?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Can't see why he needs Subtitles or is that for the Southerners

Well, there was an interview with him on the TT coverage this year. He was, err, a bit wound up shall we say, and he just ranted on at 10,000mph making only partial sense to anyone. But it was unmissable TV and Guy comes over as a bit of an English eccentric IMO.

Drac

Ah right Ok.

Yeah he does seem very eccentric in that true British way, people like that are great characters.

bigyinn
    Free Member

There was an article in Evo mag about him oooh, 6months plus ago. Hes got an Aston DB9 (or was it 7? Can't remember) too. Sounds like has taste.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

From the article (Read this quickly!)

"I'm no actor, but it's the BBC and you can't really turn them down and it's dead proffessional and all. But I've said it has to be me, I'm not changing me overalls or wearing new boots or anything like that"

"But there's no bull**** or anything like that. I'm just going to chat with people and see how it goes. They wanted to use researches and stuff like that, but, nahh boss, that's not going to work – I can't act surprised
    "When I'm talking to some old boy about something I want to hear what he has to say, and ask him questions, have a natter and a bit of banter. I can't do anything scripted ot acting like"

tron
    Free Member

Sounds good. I'm absolutely fed up of documentaries where the presenter, who often knows a bit about the field, asks an expert stupid scripted questions.

alanf
    Free Member

At Cadwell the other year when he raced in BSB, all the "Big" names on the grid would go up and down the hill to the pit garages on their scooters, but Guy was always on his Orange.

Amazing to watch round Olivers mount too!
    A legend in my eyes…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

legend . thanks for the heads up PP.

StirlingCrispin

He can ride downhill too!
    Hope Endurance Downhill

Waderider
    Free Member

I remember the first time I saw Guy Martin being interviewed. I couldn't say that about many folk.

Can't wait, should be good. Tea is good, coffee is bad.

freddyg
    Free Member

I met Guy at the TT this year – he did a signing in a library in Douglas.

What a thoroughly decent chap he is. I seemed genuinely bewildered by the amount of attention he gets!

dawson

on last years TT coverage they showed him coming back into the pits and his mechanic gave him a big mug of tea – all the other riders were having energy drinks and water etc – Class!

seems like a top bloke – I just hope the BBC aren't signing him up as some 'token northerner'

jemima
    Free Member

"That's a man's corner that is, for men"

Quote of the week taken from his voice over of his 2007 TT lap.

IanMunro
    Free Member
    Olly
    Free Member

what a leg-end

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Attention Guy Martin fans! (And if you're not, you will be)’ is closed to new replies.