Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Attempted motorbike theft
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Woke up at 0500 this morning by next door banging on door to tell me bikes on the floor.
    Luckily disc lock and big chain means it wasn’t going anywhere unless they lifted it into a van.

Damages front mudguard and scuffed fairing and steering lock won’t lock anymore. Seems to of broken as I found the pin on the floor.

Is it a case of just changing the lock with a new lock and set of keys.

Also safe to ride? As I want to take it to my mums and put it in her garage. Till I get it booked into mechanic.

sobriety
    Free Member

Is it a case of just changing the lock with a new lock and set of keys.

If the lock integral to the ignition barrel, then yes, but a proper locksmith should be able to alter it to fit your current key.

Before you ride it, make sure that air hasn’t gotten from where it should be to where it shouldn’t.

Coolant header tank to radiator
    Front Brake reservoir to brakecaliper/line
    Rear Brake reservoir to brakecaliper/line (if hydro)
    Clutch reservoir to brakecaliper/line (if hydro)
    Oil tank to feed pipe (if two stroke)

Edit: Make sure that everything that needs to be is tight/straight enough to ride. So…

Bars, Switchgear, Levers, Wheels, Chain, Footpegs, gear shift, back brake lever.

If that’s all ok then fire it up and make sure that the throttle cable hasn’t got caught by moving the bars.

then ride to yer mams, carefully!

weeksy

Can depend on the bike as keys are now coded to the ecu.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Don’t think they are coded keys. It’s a Hyosung so it’s quite old school in design.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

This is a scandal.

Who tries to steal a Hyosung? 😀

….seriously, as someone who has had motorbikes nicked, RIP my VFR400 NC30, it’s shit. So glad they didn’t get away with it.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s better built than my suzuki was they tried have that away also. Luckily the steering lock is plastic so it’s just snapped. Steering stops on forks are intact. Lock to lock seems normal, wheel and clip ons are aligned.

Had a Hyo 250 before, the bike survived being side swiped at 70 mph when a car decided they preferred to be in my lane.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Attempted motorbike theft’ is closed to new replies.