Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Attempted bike theft
  • allthepies
    Free Member

I cycle to my local station each day, leave the bike there (locked up) and then catch the train up to London. Got back to the local station tonight to find the bike lying at a weird angle and the rear rack + rear wheel bent, bike still locked up though. Then a lady from a house opposite the station comes over and said that she saw a kid this morning trying to nick my bike (and another nearby) unsuccessfully. She phoned the police who said they'd turn up pronto but apparently no sign later on. The lady also said that a local news crew had been at the station filming a piece for the news and that the scrote in question was actually on camera in the station as part of the programme! So if anyone gets Meridian TV then have a butchers at the local news. I've tried to play the Meridian TV player thing on the internet but it's not working.

http://www.itv.com/meridian-west/?intcmp=NAV_MERIDIAN0_LOCALNEW1 (I guess it's the "Rage against the machine" article)

Anyway, limped home with a rubbing back wheel after disengaging the rear v-brake. It's only a pub/hack bike but it's MY pub/hack bike! Grrrrrr.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Replace saddle with spike.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Same thing happened to my hybrid in the bike racks at work. Reported to the facilities manager and he just laughed. Felt like kicking him square in the plums as the miserable feckers cracked the rim too, so cost me a bit to sort. Effing annoying

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bloody hell Fred Dinenage.! Not seen him for years. How2 and all that jaz. 😀

Sorry about the bike. 🙁

Little shites.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Fred Dinage hasn't changed for the last 20 years I reckon.
    Does make me laugh when I see him on TV. Hope I age as slowly as he has.

Sorry about the bike BTW

allthepies
    Free Member

Cheers all!

Right the Meridian player thing in my link above now works and you can see the little **** at 1min 6 secs into the piece. The shite hanging around behind the bloke being interviewed.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Ah – the kiddie wearing the tracksuit trousers with the red stripes ?

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ironic that the story is about the risk of more hassle and theft at stations also (closing the ticket offices). You should write to the news team.

allthepies
    Free Member

Chunky – I've just fired off an Email to them 🙂

plop_pants
    Free Member

Fred Dineage's gurning gets on my wick. Watch him. He does it all the time,
    it's almost rant worthy!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

call the station, the beeb are good at getting names, they'll have a record of him on the interview tape, cops will ask for you, beeb newsdesk might even be excited at a possible 'we caught him aren't we good' type story.

allthepies
    Free Member

Not Beeb, was ITV 🙂

No-one will do owt without any real evidence I would imagine. I'll certainly speak to the station staff though and let them know about said shite.

Phototim
    Free Member

Isn't your woman witness the real evidence?

allthepies
    Free Member

Updated: Reported to the transport police who took lots of details, hopefully the perp can be identified.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I'm sharpening my pitchfork. What time to we set off?

allthepies
    Free Member
    allthepies
    Free Member

Update: Transport police got in touch today to let me know that said perp has been identified/arrested and they'll be taking a statement soon.

Result!

Stoner
    Free Member

get in lad!

Time to let Big "Sis" Bert in the showers know there's fresh fish coming, or will it be slap on the wrist and "off you go you young scalliwag"?

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

Police phoning me tomorrow with an update. Bubba on standby sans lube.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Attempted bike theft’ is closed to new replies.