Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Attempted Assault
  • pebblebeach
    Free Member

No, just a sense of humour fail for the OP

Why is driving close enough to a cyclist to enable the passenger to give the cyclist a slap in any way amusing?

Honestly the attitudes from some ‘cyclists’ on this forum are shocking.

nacho
    Free Member

Some trolls or twunts on this supposed cycling forum should grow up. OK we might not all have bothered reporting it but fair play to the OP for doing so. If they had hit the OP’s arse knocked him off his bike, maybe hit him with the car then what? Worst case scenario another cycling casualty on our roads. And some of you give him grief? Unbelieveable.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m more staggered at the sheer hypocrisy of the OP, who is happy to stereotype students, but only earlier today bored me to death with his self righteous preaching about not describing people who throw bricks through windows as ‘chavs’

asterix
    Free Member

nothing wrong with the OP’s cycling point, but everything wrong with his stereotyping of students.

Why confuse the issue by seeking to blame some apparently identifiable minority? Plummy accents could equally have indicated farmers, conservatives, or other supposed homogeneous groups. Why stop there, you could have suggested all sort of stereotypes – none of that helps your point about the dangers of being **** towards cyclists when driving

mikeconnor
    Free Member

I wonder how the enlightened masses of this forum would react if it were a woman who’d been harassed in this manner?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

you are obviously not a very thorough reader , attention span problem maybe, but if you were, the devil is in the detail– i saw the culprits in this instance, and was correct–not hard to spot round our way– yet the other issue was pure conjecture of the usual kind…

project
    Free Member

any report no matter how trivial will be reported as a crime possibly, and used to bash the politians into giving them more money.

As more crime more resources needed.

Simples.

satchm00
    Free Member

Pleased to hear its sorted, could have been a right pain in the arse! 😉

glasgowdan
    Free Member

This must be a joke. Either that or the OP is one hell of an uptight pu**y with no idea what brushing off something with a smile means. Would you describe yourself as down to earth?

blades2000
    Free Member

Glad that you got a positive outcome. Maybe they will think twice before attempting it again.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

This must be a joke. Either that or the OP is one hell of an uptight pu**y with no idea what brushing off something with a smile means. Would you describe yourself as down to earth?

maybe you enjoy moronic behaviour, me i like to live, and stay in one piece preferably, down to earth — now there’s an idea for a thread ..

mikeconnor
    Free Member

I once had a mobile phone thown at me by the passenger of a car i’d just narrowly avoided being run down by (he was on the worng side of the road). It boinced off me and got crushed by another car. I always wondered about the logic behind that action.

Rudebowy; hope you get a good outcome from this.

tpbiker
    Free Member

you are obviously not a very thorough reader , attention span problem maybe, but if you were, the devil is in the detail– i saw the culprits in this instance, and was correct–not hard to spot round our way– yet the other issue was pure conjecture of the usual kind…

oh deary me. I absolutely realise you saw them. I was simply pointing out your hypocrisy based on the comment below.

students here are very easy to spot/identify, they often behave in very predictable ways, language is a give away, dress is another,

You do realise that is still very much a stereotype don’t you?

Trying to patronize me made you look a bit of an idiot there didn’t it?

asterix
    Free Member

+1

mikeconnor
    Free Member

You do realise that is still very much a stereotype don’t you?

To be fair to rudebwoy; there is a university not far from where Ilive, and it’s really quite easy to spot students. They come in all colours, accents, shapes and sizes but somehow you can still tell they are students. Can’t quite explain it, but you just know they are students. And if rudebwoy is stereotyping, he’s certainly not doing it in an offensive or derogatory manner.

masterbetty
    Free Member

… And another thread needlessly turned into a petty argument. I think people must have nothing better to do than go looking for them…. Zzzzzzzzzz.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

cheers mikeconnor, scroll up for the positive response from the Polis, as you have deduced, it was not derogatory, just fact, i live in a small place, (pop 15,000) which then has to absorb 10,000 students– it is so overwhelming, feels like an invasion, which in effect it is.
    They mostly speak a different way(english)- behave in a very different manner, so are as you say, like sore thumbs– its not their fault, its circumstances that dictate the social clashes.
    A number of students do integrate and often end up staying put, but for the vast majority its just a place to pass through on the way to a salaried occupation to pay off the loan and get a bigger one for somewhere to live…….

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Ah, you in Bangor then?

I’ve been there a couple of times. Students really do stand out in that town.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

indeed , like tories in scotland

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Attempted Assault’ is closed to new replies.