Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Attempted Assault
  • rudebwoy
    Free Member

Just coming home after a great club ride, am in my home city, on a busy road , sense a car very close trying to ‘creep’ past, look round to see passenger with his hand out ready to grab/slap my arse, evade it by cutting toward kerb, they go past laughing, gesticulating, passenger has arm out imitating grabbing, — have reported it to non emergency , await developments– got the reg as it was distinctive, also heard their plummy voices– i love students !!!!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Wasting police time?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

glupton– you reckon people like that should be driving ??

chojin
    Free Member

Why’s that wasting police time? You should hear some of the 999 calls they receive.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

‘kin steeewdents, y’say?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Q1 – no, but the passenger wasnt driving.
    Q2 – Because there is heehaw chance of getting a conviction. What would you charge them with?

chojin
    Free Member

Driving without due care maybe? Even if not, that shouldn’t stop them from going to have a word or two.

smiff
    Free Member

just be happy you have an arse worth pinching and be on your way? i’m assuming youre a bloke, which means MTFU 😉
    if car is going fast and swerving into you, then report.

Junkyard
    Free Member

report it – Plod may call and make them re-evaluate their behaviour

Ignore the troll

rudebwoy
    Free Member

glupton-
    1 the passenger was not driving, the driver was attempting to manoeuvre to let his passenger do the deed, after they went past to much laughter and merryment he did a swerve with the car to intimate it again, so yes the driver was very much involved– jolly japes for them tw*ts, potential serious injury for a cyclist,
    2- they should have a stern word and log it for future ref, driving with malicious intent, he may ave only passed test not long- whatever– oh and this is a smallish place ,a very distinct reg, i may see the car again…

JY- have reported it –they seem to have taken it as an offence– have promised to report back….

glupton1976
    Free Member

JY – you’re sooooooo predictable it’s boring.

asterix
    Free Member

A bit pathetic blaming students when you don’t evev know who they are

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is not my fault you are the boy who cried wolf.

glupton1976
    Free Member

You finshed?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

students here are very easy to spot/identify, they often behave in very predictable ways, language is a give away, dress is another, and the fact that they were not competent enough to carry out the deed tops it 😉

coogan
    Free Member

That’s attempted assault?

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’m calling troll on this thread.

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

That’s attempted assault?

No, just a sense of humour fail for the OP 🙄

rudebwoy
    Free Member

The consequences of a successful hit would have been possibly serious for me– i was doing a reasonable speed, for them its more likely ignorance and too much clarkson–

these things happen all the time , a cyclist found by the side of a road with horrific injuries– no witnesses — who’s to say..

Any one who thinks that these things are trivial either has no experience of road riding, or is just the same as the people in the car

MSP

No, just a sense of humour fail for the OP

My brother had a half empty beer can thrown at him from a passing car a few weeks ago, I should have told the humourless sod to laugh it off 🙄

PiknMix
    Free Member

Errr don’t ask me how I know this, but 100% the police see it as assault. They did at least unless its changed.

Jamie
    Free Member

students here are very easy to spot/identify, they often behave in very predictable ways, language is a give away, dress is another, and the fact that they were not competent enough to carry out the deed tops it

Maybe, at the last second, they realised they might catch their hand on the stick that appears to be jammed up your ass, and thought better of it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Great inverted snobbery!

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

My brother had a half empty beer can thrown at him

Pessimist!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Great inverted snobbery!

this

paddy0091
    Free Member

where was it?

smiff
    Free Member

on the arse!

sorry, the offence is dangerous driving, the arse thing is speculation?

if hand had met arse, then add that to the bill.

i’d be more worried about that hand pushing me off, than copping a feel.

scaredypants

Pessemist!

😀
    (would have been 😆 , but for the spelling 😉 )

brooess
    Free Member

driving that close to a cyclist is dangerous. No debate here is there?

yunki
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Great inverted snobbery!

bloody Hoorah Henries.. all teeth and tweed.. greedy Aywots

I can’t believe that some are defending the actions of the car’s occupants (of unyet ascertained heritage) though.. STW student contingent..?

HermanShake
    Free Member

I probably would have been erked had this happened to me, but I think it may have been fairly harmless. Don’t dwell, it won’t help.

I take it you were in lycra? You were basically asking for it… 😉

smiff
    Free Member

oh yes wearing lycra is asking for it.. wait this is dangerously close to the ‘women deserve to be raped for dressing that way’ argument no?

(put’s flame suit on).

anyway, no arses were harmed by the sound of it.

juan
    Free Member

Did it really happened? Do you have proof? As they said waste of muppet time.

nick1962
    Free Member

My brother had a half empty beer can thrown at him from a passing car a few weeks ago,

One man’s half empty beer can is another man’s half full one,cheers!

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

There was a cracker on Youtube where a rear seat passenger was trying something similar by hanging out the door – smacked his head on a parked car instead. Justice seen to be done.

singlespeedstu

glupton1976 – Member

I’m calling troll on this thread.

George.
    Have you any idea how funny that sounds coming from you. 😆

rudebwoy
    Free Member

North Wales Finest have got back, they have spoken to driver and passenger involved, both fessed up ! they said they were remorseful and realised it was a stupid thing to do.(they are students )

He thanked me for reporting this and said that people should not delay in reporting any instances of bad/reckless behaviour on the road, its only by going through the appropriate channels that this sort of behaviour becomes as taboo as drink driving.
    He added that NW Police are about to have a cycle awareness campaign, aimed at motorised road users– I can only say that this is a positive outcome and hope others will be encouraged to do the same.

labsey
    Free Member

Hope he bought you a drink before going for a feel.

butcher

That is a good positive outcome.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work when an oncoming car started veering off into my path – the driver having too much fun throwing stuff out of the window at a student to realise he was on the wrong side of the road! He swerved out of the way at the last minute. Would’ve reported it but I was too busy mouthing the letters WTF? There’s some idiots out there.

ryreed
    Free Member

Don’t let this get in the way of any discussion, but I’m pretty sure there’s no such offence as attempted assault.

Edit: just seen outcome which is positive and seems a good approach from police. Result

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Attempted Assault’ is closed to new replies.