Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Attaching pump to frame
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Due to having to pack my work clothes, shoes, computer and spare riding gear in a rucksack, my week-day rides need to be done without camelbak cos there’s no room for it. So I’ve got a saddlebag for my tubes and tools, bottles for water and I found the clip to attach my big-ish blackburn pump to the frame.

Anyone had trouble with the pump getting cacked up like this? Is it better on the downtube or seat tube?

Klunk
    Free Member

found the clips which have a slot for a small velcro strap work best as they have a habit of being bounced out and rattling.

mattyfez

I use a hallfords bike hut mini pump, the bracket is thin and its side mount, so you can mount it under a bottle cage bracket.

Also has a velcro strap so it doesn’t fly off when you hit a bump.

It get muddied up just like the rest of the bike but it gets cleaned when I clean the bike.

dudeofdoom

I keep my pump,tube tyres an keys in one of those storage bottles and keep it in bottle cage frames got two so can still carry a bottle if needed…but tbh rides under an hour so water isn’t really needed.

FOG

After many years of faffing about with pumps in bags I have finally mounted it on the frame in the clip provided. To prevent cacking up of pump I have used an old inner tube rather like a gentleman’s protective.
    I find a 29er tube ideal, other pumps may require different sizes.fnah, fnah.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm like the inner tube idea.

DT78
    Free Member

I’ve had a lezyne pump attached to my winter frame for three seasons now. It’s been fine. It has a little press fit rubber seal to keep stuff out

scotroutes

It’s a very good idea. I have a short section of inner tube over the folding handle on my Mountain Morph. That’s been living on the forks of the fatbike for 5 years and has been through all sorts of crap.

It’s still worth taking it off and cleaning it thoroughly once in a while.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Pump on frame contravenes rule 3

fasthaggis

Yup,always do the inner tube cover thing.
    I also wrap some tape round the pump body each side of the clip area so that it stays in one place.

scaredypants

Yeah, I’ve used inner tubes or even just a plaggy bag for frame-mounted pumps – works well and the inner tube makes the clip-mounts “cling” a bit better too

cheekysprocket

My trusty 15 year old Blackburn Mammoth sat snugly clipped to my Fargo’s seat tube for six months’ along the Great Divide and then all around New Zealand last summer. When called into service (seven times in an hour one vexacious afternoon!), it delivered the goods with nary a cough.

cheekysprocket

Of course, the Velominati would say that nothing extraneous shall be attached to one’s frame. But then they say nothing of carrying one’s world on your bike for nigh on 6000 miles.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Attaching pump to frame’ is closed to new replies.