Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Atera Strada Vario 3 Bike Rack, Any Owners feed back ??
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

After years of the trusty VW Sharan & bikes inside it’s now a estate car in the house hold, I’ve looked at lots of rear mounted racks & decided on a Atera, though expensive I like the folding set up reducing space & when not in use you put it inside the car ( not wanting it to be knicked) has any one got one or used one ? feed back much appreciated.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’ve had the Atera Strada Dl 3 bike and now a 2 bike version. Both were good, 3 bike version was on a slide to move away from the boot which was OK, 2 bike version (newer one) has a tilt function to get into the boot which is also excellent. No problem carrying big heavy 29ers or wee small kiddies bikes. The ability to lock the bike on gives an extra sense of security as-well for quick stops when travelling.

On ‘issue’ I’ve had is that I have to use an adaptor to get the lighting pins connected to my tow bar and this can be temperamental at times!

Overall great racks!

AlexSimon

I put my thoughts on the normal Strada on another thread.

All I can add is that when something did break on my original one roofbox were pretty amazing – paid to ship packaging, paid to collect and then delivered a brand new one all within a week.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yorkycsl
    Free Member

groundskeeperwilly,

I was looking at the slide version, which gives you more clearance to get in the back of the car? the thing I like about the Strada Vario 3 is the ends folding in to reduce storage space especially when you put it in the back of the car but I like the sound of the tilt, once I’ve decided which to go for I won’t be leaving it on the back of the car.

Cheers

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

The things with the slide is that it needs a bit more TLC to keep it running smooth than the tilt does – I guess that just the nature of the sliding mechanism and the dirt from travel and bikes that the rack has to deal with.

The slide does give great clearance to the boot though but I don’t feel that I’ve lost anything by moving to the tilt function on the newer 2 bike rack.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Atera Strada Vario 3 Bike Rack, Any Owners feed back ??’ is closed to new replies.