Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Atera Strada users
  • reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I’m thinking of buying one of these. I have a 2011 Honda CRV and wonder if anyone uses the 2 bike version on this car. apparently there is a chance the tailgate won’t clear the bike closest to the car when tilted with the 2 bike version but almost certainly will with the 3 bike version as it sits further away from the towball. Can anyone throw any light on this please?

craigf
    Free Member

i have a two-bike atera… can’t comment on the exact car tailgate combo you are talking about, or the difference between the 2 bike and 3 bike rack, but the version i have slides out of the way to allow the tailgate to open. have to do it when mountainbikes are racked, but obviously not when the road bikes are on there… 59 plate mondeo hatch, btw.

don’t know where you are considering buying from, but the folks at the roofbox co. have always been extremely helpful pre- and post- sales and can probably give you the heads up on the rack and the tailgate combo too.

cheers

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Chhers for that-the warning about a possible clash came from the Roofbox Co.- as you say, they are a very helpful bunch. I can always exchange it if I buy from Roofbox but would prefer not to have the hassle.

mtbfix

Get a 3 bike one for those times you carry other folks bikes? Fwiw I have the 3 bike job and it is great.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Hmm-good point-for a few quid extra it may be worth it-can’t see it being a regular need but perhaps I could sneak the road bike on holiday too 🙂

igm

Depending on the bikes, it can be easier to mount two bikes on the 3 bike rack leaving a gap in between. QRs / max les can rub otherwise.

pdw
    Free Member

The three bike one slides back further because the tracks are longer.

vs

singlespeedstu

I’ve got the three bike version and only ever put two bikes on it.
    One on the outside and one on the inside leaves loads of space between them so you get no inter bike rubbage.
    Slides well out of the way on my Octavia estate.

It’s been a great rack and problem free for around three years now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Atera Strada users’ is closed to new replies.