Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • At what point do people start protecting NCD?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

As titled really. My car insurance has finally started creeping downwards after driving for 9 yrs and having 3 yrs NCD. Was just wondering if it is now worth protecting these as I enter year 4 of not claiming (hopefully…). Is it even worth the extra cost I’m wondering?

Just trying to gather peoples thoughts on this.

Cheers

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve looked into this for Mrs PixelMix (our car is in her name) and have decided it isn’t worth the cost. You still lose out if you have an accident which is your fault so it doesn’t fully protect you – insurers still take that accident into account.

Worth looking at different insurers policy on how the protection works.

footflaps

I never have and have something like 15 years NCD (although they all seem to only care about the last 5 years).

Pieface

We started doing it after 7 years NCD and then went a couple fo years with no claims, which felt like a con, then we had 2 incidents int he space of a year. Our NCD is still honoured, however to protect it now costs something like £500 😯

retro83
    Free Member

pixelmix – Member

I’ve looked into this for Mrs PixelMix (our car is in her name) and have decided it isn’t worth the cost. You still lose out if you have an accident which is your fault so it doesn’t fully protect you – insurers still take that accident into account.

Worth looking at different insurers policy on how the protection works.

Or indeed, not your fault. 👿

pixelmix
    Free Member

Or indeed, not your fault.

That too. We had just got to the point where we didn’t have to declare the last time someone ran into the back of us on our application (it was over 3 years ago) … and some chump in a van rear ended the car at 20mph while we were stationary. I’ll need to declare that for the next few years now.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. Think I’m gonna probably leave it and review again next year… Car insurance is beyond a joke like!! £500 to protect NCD and having to declare stupid s**t that other ppl do is ridiculous.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘At what point do people start protecting NCD?’ is closed to new replies.