Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • At what age is it acceptable?
  • cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

But a computer is much better. Nothing on the internet but good wholesome edutainment.

and loads of pron. Probably more unsavoury than loose women and Jeremy kyle.

Whilst everyone worries about tv its all there on the internet 247 without any watershed. I wonder if anyone bothers to turn on the parent shield guard thing.

TV it self in the bedroom isnt a problem, just how much and what they watch.

grum
    Free Member

TV’s don’t ruin your sex life, it’s the wife getting old and fat that does that.

My wife is hot thanks. 🙂

Thinking of buying a TV for the bedroom? Think again – it could ruin your sex life.

A study by an Italian sexologist has found that couples who have a TV set in their bedroom have sex half as often as those who don’t.

“If there’s no television in the bedroom, the frequency (of sexual intercourse) doubles,” said Serenella Salomoni whose team of psychologists questioned 523 Italian couples to see what effect television had on their sex lives.

On average, Italians who live without TV in the bedroom have sex twice a week, or eight times a month. This drops to an average of four times a month for those with a TV, the study found.

http://tvnz.co.nz/content/650268/3362663.xhtml

I could probably find a more credible source but I can’t be arsed.

Not a major issue for a 5 year old though.

Ba-doom-tish.

weeksy

My wife is hot thanks.

Is she blind too ?

pictonroad

In that case, probably a radio over a TV…

grum
    Free Member

Is she blind too ?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI[/video]

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Moshi, I forgot to add that she never watched it, not once turned it on in 12 years, too busy reading those work of the devil things called books.

br
    Free Member

Funny that I had a TV in my bedroom from my early teens, but we haven’t allowed my son to have one (and he’s 16).

But, we do have two TV’s downstairs (one with his Xbox connected) and he’s a laptop in his bedroom.

noltae
    Free Member

Kids only watch too much TV when they’re bored thus excess use is more down to other factors – a TV in your room is a nice way to chill under the right circumstances – take it out of their room if it’s abused – And if that’s the case you better have a good back up plan to facilitate a child’s development with regards to how they spend their free time ..

aracer
    Free Member

Which is of course complete bollocks – sorry. Of course you can spoil them. The thing is though, that’s not particularly got anything to do with how much money you spend on them for a present (especially if they’re young enough to have no particular concept of how much things cost).

Correlation does not equal causation – I’d suspect it at least as likely that the causation is the other way round.

Though I have to admit, on the off-chance their conclusions are right I’m now thinking of getting a TV in the bedroom just so I can get rid of it, in case that helps.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Got one when I was 6 I think. Got a Master System the following year. Inherited the old toploader at some point as well.

Yes I used to spend hours on it but from memory it was only really in the winter when I had to be inside anyway. The rest of the time I’d be at friends houses or out pretending not to be causing trouble. As long as your kids are otherwise leading healthy and fulfilling lives then you can do a lot worse than give them a telly.

How are you going to police a 5yo watching late-night grot whilst you’re asleep?

Most TVs have parental locks so you can lock out anything rated above a certain threshold. Just make sure you get one with that on and you’re sorted.

TV can also double up as a computer monitor if that’s another consideration (and miles more practical for homework than a tablet).

FWIW I refuse to have one in my bedroom now (for reasons already explained) and haven’t reconnected the satellite since we got the extension built about 7 months ago (but still paying the licence, mug.)

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

^ those TV stand things are absolutely grim. Bedrooms are for sleeping or other recreational activities.

Never went to uni did you?

University taught me that bedrooms were for sleeping, shagging, eating, working, taking drugs, drinking with mates, playing fifa, cooking and shitting in. Sometimes some of these all at once.

moshimonster
    Free Member

University taught me that bedrooms were for sleeping, shagging, eating, working, taking drugs, drinking with mates, playing fifa, cooking and shitting in. Sometimes some of these all at once.

I can honestly say I never shat in my bedroom at uni. Did treat the sink as a convenient urinal though.

johndoh
    Free Member

I once pissed in a basin at a hotel near Coed.

I then wandered over to the window and looked down to see the owner of the hotel looking up at me from the conservatory where breakfast was being served as the rank dark yellow piss ran out of the foul pipe that ran through the wall and directly onto the glass of the conservatory.

😀

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘At what age is it acceptable?’ is closed to new replies.