Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • At what age do you stop caring?
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

A few threads recently about bands that aren’t liked by certain age groups, jeans for the over 35s or whether one should wear a particuar brand of shoe.
    Why do you care what people think about you?
    You hang around here, so can’t really be up to much in the real world anway. 😛 ( I know).
    Personally never really given a damn about anything and think that folks who opine about such things should really find something else to do.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/TGSuWyBvVtI[/video]

sirromj

About the same time as the nihilism kicked in. Whenever that was. Or maybe… Yes, nihilism started a gradual decline, and then definitely reaching 30 was a factor. But at 40, there’s still remnants of worrying about what others think floating around like the ash of a dead bonfire. Dunno.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

We all know you don’t give a crap, we’ve seen those shoes.

weeksy

About 37 I think it was.

yetidave
    Free Member

41 – this year. Most of the people i work with never have. 🙁

funkmasterp

I don’t think I ever started. Never really understood caring about what strangers think. Friends, family and colleagues I can understand. Strangers, meh

perchypanther
    Free Member

You always care.

Just about different stuff as you realise what’s actually important.

Unless you are a sociopath.

RustySpanner

About 12, when I found out girls don’t really care.

Personally never really given a damn about anything and think that folks who opine about such things should really find something else to do.

But it’s very, very funny.
    🙂

andyl
    Free Member

meh

CountZero

I really couldn’t give a toss what others think about what I wear, or read, or whatever, and if you don’t like my haircut, you can suck my socks!
    62, since you asked.

bearnecessities

What PP (tee-hee, Pee Pee) said.

We all care to one extent or another, especially what other people think.

Yes you do.

Think about it…. 🙂

curvature
    Free Member

Maybe the wrong title but as a 47yr old I do care, but I don’t care what others think!

bearnecessities

Yes you do 🙂

newrobdob
    Free Member

I stopped caring at university. Listened to uncool music , rode a BMX when no one else did (mid nineties) around town. Only person whose opinion I really care about towards me is my wife’s, whose act of marrying me was an extraordinary act of charity I am always trying (and failing) to pay back.

pocpoc
    Free Member

I’m just a young nipper (30) compared to you lot 😉 but I’ve not hugely cared what strangers think of me for a long time.
    Maybe it’s because I’ve never had the physique to try and look fashionable that I’ve always resigned myself to wearing whatever I want that I think I don’t look stupid in.

jekkyl

it’s around the age when you get a pair of jeans with an elasticated waistband from George at Asda!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    it’s around the age when you get a pair of jeans with an elasticated waistband from George at Asda!

[TANNOY]

JAMIE TO THE FORUM, PLEASE

[/TANNOY]

slowoldman

I don’t think it’s age related, it’s just down to your character. I’ve never given a stuff what anyone else thinks (apart from my mum of course).

fatoldgit

Can’t remember but I really no longer care for other folks opinions of me,

As long as I don’t offend anyone I pretty much dress and act how I feel like doing

bikebouy
    Free Member

I care too much.

It’s a burden, but I make up for those that DGAS.

somafunk

I’ve never cared a toss about what others thought or their opinions regarding myself, prob due to moving house and attending so many schools as a kid (5 primary schools and 4 high schools) along with staying exclusively in very rural isolated areas in Galloway/Argyll, I guess my upbringing helped in developing a suitable coping strategy/not giving a toss to deal with the inevitable “scene” mentality that comes with attempting to fit in with the crowd. I’ve always done my own thing and it’s not put me up nor down as to whether I belonged in a group or clique.

Similar views to arguing online with others, crack on if your ego is so delicate that you feel the need to waste your time but don’t expect me to get involved other than expressing my initial thoughts n’ views.

Drac

I was about 5.

ton

caring is one of the greatest things we can do as humans.
    people who say they dont care are lifes ****…….imho.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

ads678

I kind of care what other people think, but have always gone against the grain just enough.
    I try to make out that I dgas, but really I’m sticking to a certain line…

Nowadays I buy my jeans from next, but still wear certain other makes that keep me in my genre!!

I wouldn’t buy a shirt from next though, the worst thing would be standing next to someone at the bar in the same shirt as someone who shops at next…..

FeeFoo
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    You always care.

Just about different stuff as you realise what’s actually important.

Unless you are a sociopath.

This.
    It’d be nice not to care in some ways as it sets us free.
    But the majority of us are just not wired up that way.

Drac

caring is one of the greatest things we can do as humans.
    people who say they dont care are lifes ****…….imho.

Care to read the OP?

somafunk

Ton : The question was Why do you care what people think about you?

Being able to empathise and show due care for others unconnected to yourself is a separate awareness not analogous to caring what others outside of your social circle think about yourself.

My rule #1 applies here for all interactions throughout life : Don’t be a dick

I personally do not pay heed/care what others who I have no personal involvement consider of me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I stopped caring before anyone else.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I was going to answer this but

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Had a moment of epiphany in my early 30’s when I realised if I stop worrying what other people think about me and trusted my moral compass I would be a far happier person. I’ve stuck to it since then and accepted the fact that some people will think I’m a dick, but equally that I don’t need to get those I think are a dick to like me! Works 90% of the time and Now don’t really give a fack what people think about me which I find very liberating

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I stopped caring before anyone else.

lowey

ross980
    Free Member

Hopefully about 5 minutes after I read this

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve never been a “girly” type. Handbags, manicures, fancy shoes, hair straighteners, waxing, spa days etc, are really not for me- so I had to learn early on not to care about what other people think of my style!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i care about what people who are important to me think about me.
    but not those i have no more than a passing connection with (i.e. the majority of people). that’s been the case for probably most of my life, from my teens on really.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

SWMBO makes sure this does not happen at my birthday and Christmas 🙂

slowoldman

My rule #1 applies here for all interactions throughout life : Don’t be a dick

This ought to be the only law in existence. Everyone knows when they are being a dick even if they won’t admit it and everyone else knows they are being a dick. So, up in court it would be “fair cop, I was being a dick” or “we find the defendant guilty of being a dick M’lud” and it would all be over in minutes.

perchypanther
    Free Member

This ought to be the only law in existence. Everyone knows when they are being a dick even if they won’t admit it and everyone else knows they are being a dick. So, up in court it would be “fair cop, I was being a dick” or “we find the defendant guilty of being a dick M’lud” and it would all be over in minutes.

Would be like living in some kind of dicktatorship.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘At what age do you stop caring?’ is closed to new replies.