• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • At the Tory's rotten core.
  • crikey
    Free Member

Just as patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel, so religion is the last refuge of the intellectually bankrupt.

vinnyeh

The great traditional British value is this: Do what you like as long as you don’t stop what I’m doing.

Britain is traditionally libertarian? 😆

noteeth
    Free Member

When the End/Rapture comes, Pickles will demonstrate his true calorific worth.

crikey
    Free Member

…and why should we trust the word of a man who demonstrably cannot be trusted with a fork?

wrecker
    Free Member

I hate Eric Pickles with a passion.
    I hope it hurts when karma catches the obese nobber.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I truly hope none of these ministers are having affairs, because if we catch them we’re now entitled to come down like a ton of bricks

I’m sorry, I’m really, really sorry to say this but if that Pickles is having an affair then she’s already been come down on like a ton of bricks and honestly, there is now an image in my head that I would just rather not have there.

binners

He’s just an enormous thumb

MrGreedy

If that Pickles is having an affair then she’s already been come down on like a ton of bricks and honestly, there is now an image in my head that I would just rather not have there.

Reminds me of the description of having sex with that other lovely Tory, Nicholas “Fatty” Soames – can’t remember if it was his wife or mistress, but she said it was like having a wardrobe fall over on top of you with the key still in the door.

mcboo
    Free Member

I’m broadly a supporter of this government but I wish the Tories would keep their views on religion to themselves. Patronising, paranoid, self-pitying garbage.

noteeth
    Free Member

Question Time (in 2009) was undoubtedly his finest moment.

A real gift.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’m broadly a supporter of this government

Big fan of Pickles then?

grum
    Free Member

There was a great little rant about this on the Now Show on R4 (which isn’t really very funny BTW).

Essentially that the original complainant was over the top, but the claims of religious persecution and ‘militant secularisation’ etc are **** ridiculous coming from a Muslim woman cabinet member (off on taxpayers expenses to meet the Pope) made a Baron, in a country where top clergy get seats in the House of Lords and vote on our nation’s laws.

Essentially religion has occupied a very privileged position and still does, but they get all up in arms about any slight reduction of that privilege.

retro83
    Free Member

I still don’t know how that fat bulb-end got away with claiming second home allowance despite living in Brentwood. Massively annoying idiot.

mcboo
    Free Member

Pickles is probably a decent enough fella, authentic blue collar Tory and all that. But I’m fattist, I try and treat everyone the same but I cant take seriously the words of anyone guilty of glutony on such an epic level.

binners

Actually mcboo, if you forget his Jabba the Hut-esque looks completely, and judge him purely on his actions, the man is an utter and complete, weapons grade ****!!!!

mcboo
    Free Member

I meant if you can forget his massive fat head AND the yeoman crypto fascist Tory hatchet man persona……he’s probably a top fella.

noteeth
    Free Member

his Jabba the Hut-esque looks

If he got hold of a green XXL sleeping bag, he would own this fancy dress party:

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

So other than being a snivelling evil fat toad of a tool, he’s an OK dude?

wrecker
    Free Member

So other than being a snivelling evil fat toad of a tool, he’s an OK dude?

Yeah, that’s about the size of it.

julianwilson
    Free Member

What would Jesus vote?

The enormous elephant in the room being that if you actually read the gospels as a character study of Jesus and some useful instructions for getting on ok with other people (rather than a manual for justifying your prejudices by pulling out-of-context single verses of the old testament and calling it the ‘truth’), then it is clear that in a modern political system, Jesus would rather poke his own eyes out with a stick than vote Conservative.

If Pickles wants to impress his Christian values on the nation for the good of everyone, the first thing he should do is ‘Pull a Gladstone’ and defect to the left (if there is a left anymore!), and after that get to work on the rich/poor divide and the health and social care bill.

kennyp
    Free Member

There was a great little rant about this on the Now Show on R4 (which isn’t really very funny BTW).

Agree and disagree. The bit you’re talking about was by John Finnemore and was probably the most balanced thing I’ve heard about the whole business.

I disagree though in that I think the Now Show is indeed very funny. Makes me laugh every week.

Oh, and Google John Finnermore and News of the World and you’ll find a brilliant, and very funny, ctitique of the whole sordid business.

noteeth
    Free Member

If Pickles wants to impress his Christian values on the nation

He could offer himself up, Holy Sacrament syle.

Could easily feed five thousand.

kimbers

this made me chuckle

as community secretary hes been charged with finding a way to bring our rich cultural tapestry tighter together

the best idea he could come up with

FOOD!!

quite frankly anyone who votes for him after seeing how ridiculously arrogant and self centered the man is on that question time must be insane

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Which Tory?

MSP

Pickles is also keen to encourage a national community music day on 9 September in which communities can come together through choral singing in shopping centres, steel drum bands in park bandstands and piano recitals in schools.

Hey I have an idea, the young people could come together in empty warehouses and listen to music with a driving hypnotic beat!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘At the Tory's rotten core.’ is closed to new replies.