Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • At the FOD this weekend, can someone point me to some good stuff?
  • owainga

Hi,

I’m helping out at an event this weekend at The Wilderness Centre but I’ve been told I’m free to go ride in the forest during daylight hours. Can someone point me at something nice to ride nearby? Important to note that i’ll be riding to the centre from the train station and won’t have a car with me, so can’t be too massively far away.

Cheers,
    Owain

Here’s the route of the FOD Enduro.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/50632052
    It was a good mix of mostly singletrack and a few fire roads. Worth riding one lap as a sample of what’s there.

grahamh
    Free Member

Avoid the enduro route! There are trees down all over the place,
    some parts you’ll do more walking than riding.

amt27
    Free Member

Owain, I live near the Wilderness, I can show you a few local trails if you want,

I will warn you, its very muddy at the moment,

whiter74
    Free Member

info and some routes here

thefod.co.uk

psling
    Free Member

If you can take amt27 up on his offer you’ll probably get a better introduction to the area. The Wilderness is a little way from the main MTBing area but there is some riding at EdgeHill opposite the access lane to the Wilderness Centre and some decent trails through to the Forest proper but you really need to be shown them. Some of the staff at the Wilderness may be able to point you in the right direction too. Enjoy the ride UP to the Wilderness 😯 😆

owainga

amt27: Think i’ll take you up on the offer. Always better to have someone who knows what is going on show you the sights ;).

As for the Mud, muddy as hell up my way (just SW of hereford) too, so no worries.

psling: The ride up does look painful, i checked the elevation profile…

amt27
    Free Member

Owain, drop me an email, addy in profile, which station are you coming from Glos or Lydney?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘At the FOD this weekend, can someone point me to some good stuff?’ is closed to new replies.