Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 397 total)
  • At the current rate of deterioration in the global weather systems patterns!
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Point taken, but I do not consider you to be a mature adult, more a stroppy, insecure child, trapped in an adult body.
    Hope that goes some way to explaining why I do not try to communicate with you!

Now that’s very grown up isn’t it.

I asked for an explanation to something you claimed.

You obviously can’t answer it, maybe because you made it up, maybe because you don’t understand it properly, who knows.

But rather answer the question, or admit you can’t, you decide to rather pathetically try and weasel out of it.

And I’m the child somehow ?

nealglover
    Free Member

Here’s another chance to act like an adult ….

2 years ago I spoke about what I felt was an important fact, that we are moving into a different sector of space that will have slightly different laws and electromagnetic characteristics.
    Our world will of course have to change to adhere to these new laws or this changing astral environment.

“citation needed”
    Explain yourself.

Spin
    Free Member

And I’m the child somehow

You can’t win because you’re not on a level playing field. From what I’ve seen its folly to try and engage with kaesae in any serious fashion. Whether this is because he is some form of elaborate troll or whether he actually believes this stuff I wouldn’t like to say.

kaesae
    Free Member

You have been presented with idea’s Graham, I could go off and present evidence in an attempt to prove what I am saying then you could do the same or simply rubbish the idea.

However if you want to go and research the ideas I have presented and contribute to the thread, that would be great, if not and everyone comes along to each thread with their own little agenda’s, nothing will be accomplished but a conflict of ego’s.

So I choose to simply put my idea’s out there and let them be heard!

I do not feel any need to prove myself or answer to anyone, if I do so it is by my own choice and in my own time! another idea that is not quite main stream for you to grasp if you like!

nealglover
    Free Member

Not what literally what you said, but that’s the crux of it.

Wouldn’t you say.

onehundredthidiot

In the words of a great man,

“I’m off to ride my bike”

GrahamS

You have been presented with idea’s Graham, I could go off and present evidence in an attempt to collaborate what I am saying then you could do the same or simply rubbish the idea.

I’ll answer that, since it is directed at me, but hopefully in a suitably polite non-argumentative way…

You haven’t “presented ideas”.

At best you have “vaguely hinted at possible notions”, vastly outside the mainstream, then made absolutely no attempt to expand on them, explain them clearly, or even offer any vague reasoning why they might be worth considering.

However if you want to go and research the ideas I have presented and contribute to the thread, that would be great,

So if I said to you that I believe climate change was caused by a stealth invasion of transdimensional quantum mice – would you go off and independently research that before replying? Or would you ask me to explain it just a little first?

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m not trying to educate people, I’m trying to get people to move away from the argumentative egotistical attitude that leads people to perpetually attempt to prove themselves, by opposing anything that is proposed.

What I am trying to do is cultivate an environment of stability through mutual respect and cooperation.

So that we can in fact make some kind of progress on any given subject or topic to be studied.

It is obvious that something is going on and it is getting worse by the day, if you want to argue over who is right who is wrong, how will that help us understand the situation?

nealglover
    Free Member

would you go off and independently research that before replying? Or would you ask me to explain it just a little first?

The research process would be along the lines of :

Alex Jones
    Jesse Ventura
    David Icke
    Truthseeker.co.uk

kaesae
    Free Member

Very well Graham I am heading out and when I return I will attempt to elaborate on what I am saying.

Does anyone on STW have any knowledge of astronomy?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Given that climate scientists are now saying that this summer’s events are the result of climate change – which is the first time that they have ever attributed weather events on climate change – is pretty significant in my book.

I spent a fair while studying such things in a masters, with guest lectures by members of the IPCC who gave some pretty convincing and worrying arguments. I don’t know how long it will be until the effects start to really bite, but I don’t expect it to be that long. It isn’t the UK that I would be most worried about either, but mass migration from an increasingly inhospitable belt of the planets surface is going to cause huge social unrest and potentially aggressive actions by foreign nations.

Klunk
    Free Member

my prediction for the global climate is a violent swing from hi C02 to a massively oxygen rich atmosphere with Ray Harryhausenesque giant scorpions, spiders and wasps .

maxtorque

Considering that a short time ago, in geological refferenced time, the earth was covered in ice, man made global warming may just turn out to be the savour of the species. If you consider how reliant we are now on intensive farming to produce enough food to support our huge population, and how dependant on our energy systems we are for survival of the vast majority of that population (clean water, heating, etc), then even a small ice age would decimate the human population.

GrahamS

even a small ice age would decimate the human population.

True. But being underwater isn’t that great for survival either 😀

CountZero

Is there any evidence or correlation between solar flares and seismic activity also adverse or extreme weather conditions / patterns?

Seismic? No, why would there be? Seismic activity is due to tectonic and volcanic activity through the movement of the various plates on the planet’s mantle. Of course, very heavy volcanic activity can affect weather through huge outputs of various gasses and enormous clouds of ash and dust.
    Solar activity on the other hand directly affects everything on the planet; most of the planet’s surface is water, the sun heats the atmosphere, causing evaporation.
    Water vapour is a greenhouse gas, an increase in solar radiation linked to sunspot activity, flares, etc can cause more evaporation, causing more cloud activity and thus changes to weather systems.
    Conversely, increased cloud cover can reflect solar radiation, causing cooling to take place.
    Complicated, innit.
    Of course there’s climate change; when was the last time the Thames froze so solid fairs were held on it and they could roast ox on the surface? About 200 years ago. What caused the appalling winters and wet, dark summers back in the Dark Ages that led to the starvation of huge numbers of people in Europe? Why was the north of England warm enough for the Romans to grow grapevines.?
    Why is Greenland so called when it’s clearly covered in ice?
    There was no industrial pollution then.

anagallis_arvensis

Does anyone have the first clue what Kaesae is on about?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does anyone have the first clue what Kaesae is on?

😉

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Why is Greenland so called when it’s clearly covered in ice?

I think the Viking(?) who discovered it was trying to persuade people to settle there, and he reckoned that something more accurate like “IcyWasteLand” might put them off.

To OP:

It is obvious that something is going on and it is getting worse by the day, if you want to argue over who is right who is wrong, how will that help us understand the situation?

Isn’t that exactly what will help us understand the situation? Well, maybe not actual arguing, but finding out who’s right and who’s wrong?

GrahamS

There was no industrial pollution then.

Non sequitur: “Matches don’t cause fires. Fires happened long before matches were invented.”

Just because past climate change happened without man’s help doesn’t mean recent change has nothing to do with man.

gearfreak
    Free Member

What tyres will be best for a warmer world?

CountZero

Just because past climate change happened without man’s help doesn’t mean recent change has nothing to do with man.

While that’s true to an extent, nobody really knows the mechanisms responsible for significant changes of climate in the past, ie what triggers an ice age, and what switches it off again, so given that, it’s difficult to see what influence humankind is having over and above the natural climate change processes produced by solar variations, (the sun is a variable star, with known cycles of heat and radiation output), and volcanism, plus the variations in deep ocean currents.

GrahamS

the sun is a variable star, with known cycles of heat and radiation output

Yep, “known cycles” which can be measured an eliminated from the figures.

volcanism

Erm…

Global estimates of the annual present-day CO2 output of the Earth’s degassing subaerial and submarine volcanoes range from 0.13 to 0.44 billion metric tons (gigatons) per year

Anthropogenic CO2 emissions—responsible for a projected 35 gigatons of CO2 in 2010

”Volcanic Versus Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide”, EOS, Transactions, American Geophysical Union, Vol 92 (#24), pp201-208

We are waaaay better at polluting than present-day volcanoes.

nwilko
    Free Member

if the weather is what happens day to day..

but the climate is the averaging of the weather over a very long time..

isnt the actual argument between scientists how long this averaging period should be, given that not too long ago in the earths history their was an ice age it stands to reason that you could no doubt show anything from the same data set just by increasing / decreasing the time base used to average over..

hopefully dry & sunny tomorrow for a bike ride..

yunki
    Free Member

It is obvious that something is going on and it is getting worse by the day

eh?

So it’s a bit rainy in the UK this summer.. it almost makes you wonder how we have gotten such a reputation for having such amazing dry weather in this country..

what else is ‘going on’ out of interest..?

GrahamS

what else is ‘going on’ out of interest..?

There is weather happening all over the globe. Practically every country has been affected. 😉

yunki
    Free Member

this is worse than I thought

TheFlyingOx

I’m still trying to work out a) what a weather pattern deterioration is, and b) how one would quantify a deterioration in weather patterns once one understood what a weather pattern deterioration was.

yunki
    Free Member

ok.. due to recent developments I realise that I may have been too quick to mock..

having just paid a visit to the shed to bring my bike in for a late night crown race change (don’t ask) I have discovered a phenomenon that I believe is directly related to this thread and may provide an answer to the OPs question..

spiders, and lots of ’em are amassing, no doubt due to the extraordinary weather pattern deterioration..
    I’ve always trusted a good large cannibalistic resident spider to keep the numbers down.. but tonight in the shed there’s an intricate network of new webs and two large new spiders actually sharing a web at the opposite end of the shed to Mildred’s lair..

there’s a plot afoot and no mistake, and while we struggle to survive the latest onslaught of inclement weather, the arachnids are seizing the opportunity to gather in readiness for global war..

I’m all but ready to cover myself in marmite and throw myself at their slim mercy..

sorry Kaesae.. I forgot to apply this rule before it was too late for me.. 😥

kaesae
    Free Member

Have a look at this so you can put what is being said into perspective.

6:45 seconds in for a couple of minutes you can see the shape of the milky way

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xav9xg1LUHU[/video]

As our solar system and planet enters different sectors inside the milky way, it is affected by different fields of energy relative to the position of astral bodies in that sector, at times these bodies in conjunction with one another can bombard the earth with certain types of energy, this energy is absorbed by the earths core, which in turn increases the heat of the core.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_core

This increased heating of the core enables the planet to alter it’s shape by also altering the magnetic and electromagnetic properties of the core and as a result the shape of the crust more easily. This in turn enables the planet to not only deal with the additional energy from it’s current position or close proximity to other astral bodies in the milky way, but also to realign it’s self to the sun and thus the rest of the milky way.

Look at seismic activity globally as well as extreme weather, these are all indications of changes taking place not only globally but also inside the core of the earth and as such I would argue that these are not caused simply by global warming but much larger scale external factors.

For our solar system to pass through the milky way without being destroyed, it would have to be aligned to the milky way and the milky ways stellar procession. However this alignment would need to be a continual process as the milky way is a constantly changing form.

So I propose that is the cause of our current climatic change and seismic activity. This is what I believe is happening!

Del

seems to me a lot of people make a good living looking at climate data and going ‘hmm’, whichever side of the fence they fall on. beard stroking optional, i understand.
    the met office can’t tell you if it will rain today in exeter with any degree of certainty despite being in exeter.
    the atomic weapons establishment gets it own, ‘personalised’ weather forecast from the met office.
    you’re right, there is ‘something’ going on.
    there’ll definitely be weather, especially at this time of year.
    in the meantime, best stock up on maritime grease and rider yer bike.

GrahamS

Thanks for the explanation kaesae. I’m not entirely sure what to make of it – but at least I know what you are on about now. 🙂

Couple of questions:

– if we are being bombarded by so much energy from astral bodies (other than the sun) that it is heating up the earth’s core then surely we can measure or harness that energy in some way? Sounds like it would make a great free energy source.

– is there any evidence that the Earth’s core is heating up? I thought the general consensus was that it was cooling down (very slowly). Your wiki link suggests it is cooling at “about 100 degrees Celsius per billion years”

– you said “Look at seismic activity globally as well as extreme weather”, so I did. The British Geological Society said that global seismic activity wasn’t increasing and had a nice graph showing earthquake numbers over the past two decades:

– BGS also said “A long term increase in earthquake activity would require an increase in the Earth’s internal energy supply, which would be difficult to account for.” Why do expert geologists not know about the core being heated by energy fields from astral bodies?

I hope you won’t take any of this as dismissal of you ideas or an “argumentative egotistical attitude that leads people to perpetually attempt to prove themselves” – I’m just asking these questions to understand your theory better.

yunki
    Free Member

which all begs the question…

are spiders extra terrestrial beings..?

konabunny
    Free Member

the atomic weapons establishment gets it own, ‘personalised’ weather forecast from the met office.

So do lots of companies. You can just pay the Met Office for that. It’s not like they’re getting “special weather”.

CountZero

We are waaaay better at polluting than present-day volcanoes.

Present day, certainly, but I was thinking about past periods. Perhaps I should have clarified.
    As far as our solar system ‘passing through the Milky Way’, we’re talking many millions of years, possibly billions, and it’s quite possible Sol will be a brown Dwarf with a few sad cinders orbiting around it by the time it gets sucked into the black hole in the galactic core.

GrahamS

Present day, certainly, but I was thinking about past periods. Perhaps I should have clarified.

Read the full paper – they shoot that down too.

The infamous 1980 St Helen’s “paroxysm” (big eruption) only produced 0.01-gigaton of CO2 – so to match current anthropogenic CO2 you’d need 3500 paroxysms the size of St Helen’s in a single year “yielding 1400 cubic kilometers of magma — enough for about three supereruptions annually… [But] Supereruptions are extremely rare, with recurrence intervals of 100,000–200,000 years”

So no. Probably not in past periods either.

Sandwich

3 pages in and no one has mentioned the correlation between increased piracy and global warming. Tis pirates I tells ya, arrr.

kaesae
    Free Member

The energy that is affecting our planet is being channeled through the Sun, Suns are the primary physical regulatory force in the milky way.

When Suns are forced into closer proximity to each other due to their course / trajectory or processional orbit through the milky way, this causes a build up of energy in the Suns that is then transferred into that Suns individual solar system.

To maintain equilibrium with the rest of the milky way each individual solar system is forced to change slightly or align to it’s new environment.

As for seismic activity not increasing and the nice graph showing numbers, all very well however you are missing out intensity?

Frequency, duration and intensity is this not a primary analytical law when investigating anything that involves well anything? no point saying there are less earth quakes if just one has more intensity or inherent power that 100 or 1,000 other earth quakes!

We do not need to look online or listen to experts, we can evaluate what is happening based on what we see and our own experiences, volcanoes in Iceland erupting and closing air ports across Europe, flooding on a massive scale, rain that is so heavy that you can be soaked in seconds, weather patterns that are completely unpredictable.

Regardless of all that back to the question, how much time do we really think that we have?

yunki
    Free Member

volcanoes in Iceland erupting and closing air ports across Europe, flooding on a massive scale, rain that is so heavy that you can be soaked in seconds, weather patterns that are completely unpredictable.

but none of this stuff is any different to usual is it..?
    Or is it..?

you’re just noticing it more. Because you’re maturing and taking a keener interest in this stuff, and the news, and current affairs in general, rather than in football, and hollyoaks, and getting enough money together to chip in for an eighth..

and certain online communities are then exploiting your new found interests and insecurities to peddle conspiracy theories, and alternative new age ‘science’

maybe I’m being cynical, but my sister, and other hysterics through history have been reading signs and portents and concluding that ‘the end of the world is nigh’, since the dawn of time

onehundredthidiot

Let’s not forget about entropic decay.

kaesae
    Free Member

One last idea before I go and get back to what I was doing, if we can plot the course of our solar system through the milky way and if we know when the last few times the poles flipped occurred.

Can we not not combine those two different sources of information and see if there is any corresponding occurrence in our stellar procession through the milky way that explains why the poles regularly flip?

Does the milky way have a north / south polarity and if our solar system was to move from a region controlled by the north polarity to one controlled by the south polarity, what effect would that have on our planets poles?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 397 total)

The topic ‘At the current rate of deterioration in the global weather systems patterns!’ is closed to new replies.