Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • At least it's not rain that's forecast. (October holidays content)
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Booked to go to Tenerife shortly.

I was happy to see there’s no rain forecast

How ever there has been spikes in seismic activity and a possible threat of eruption of Teide.

Lucky me.

Not that I believe owt will happen it’s all sensationalist headline twaddle. But it is a phone call I’d quite like to make at the end of the hols – sorry stuck in the epicentre of an ash cloud.( I’m due to fly to middle east the day I get back and nothing else has gone to plan for me this year haha)

senorj

What tyre for Lava flow?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Schwalbe asbestos sidewall ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not that I believe owt will happen it’s all sensationalist headline twaddle. But it is a phone call I’d quite like to make at the end of the hols – sorry stuck in the epicentre of an ash cloud.( I’m due to fly to middle east the day I get back and nothing else has gone to plan for me this year haha)

just a quick warning, during the eruptions in Bali several insurance companies were getting/trying to get out of paying up as people hod knowingly flown into the affected area so just clarify if it kicks off before you leave

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye I’m no flying in if it erupts before I get there but currently its been declared safe enough and not to worry about.

scotroutes

What tyre for Lava flow?

Fire XC Pros?

nedrapier

Panaracer Cindercross.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’ll make the slides at siam park “come alive”

trail_rat
    Free Member

nobodythegoat – if you read past the headlines it even goes as far as to say its safe and the tremors are different from those expected for a volcanic eruption.

we get bigger tremors in scotland from time to time.

ive been in a 4.5 earthquake thats like sitting on the washing machine.

Wifes a geography teacher – shes quite excited at the prospect of earthquakes and volcanos …. at least we are staying in a yurt well away from solid structures so if it falls over itll be an inconvenience as oppose to life threatening.

wrightyson – ive no kids but i want to go to siam park just for me hahaah……

phiiiiil

Tenerife is amazing if you like volcanos; we thoroughly enjoyed all of it, the crater, the crazy lumpy lava fields, the lava bombs, looking down at the old flows from above… it’s brilliant.

If there had been a threat of eruption when we went I would have been like a kid on Christmas Eve, however high the risk of minor things like being killed to death might have been.

Edit: I can’t help but notice it’s not really being reported anywhere but the Express and Sun. I don’t think I’d take it too seriously (I’m too busy worrying about the incoming COLDEST WINTER ON RECORD we’re about to face!).

igm

Take your Kona – various models appropriate

wrightyson
    Free Member

Go to siam park. It’s quality and well worth the entrance fee.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m too busy worrying about the incoming COLDEST WINTER ON RECORD we’re about to face!

Ask Charlie, he might have some SPD boots to suit lava.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am off there 14th to 21st October.

A delay returning will be a little problematic, I am completing a house purchase on the 24th…

Potdog
    Free Member

I was up at Teide today and as you can see, no problems 😆
    Teide Photo

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’m flying to Turkmenistan on the 24th.

🙂 Where you headed I’m in Puerto de la Cruz 10th-15th and a yurt on the south from 15th-21st

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just added volcanic ash cover to my holiday insurance…

squirrelking
    Free Member

If it did blow big style then an ash cloud is the least of your worries, I believe tsunami threats to the UKbfrom this are considered seriously, hence why we put flood barriers in at work.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I believe if a tsunami hits my house then the UK will be a lonely place.

hammyuk
    Free Member

The geography there is so extreme that IF it did go anything and anyone on it wouldn’t know.
    The eastern seaboard of the Americas however….,,
    None of my friends or family have mentioned a thing about it – one of them even works for the Gobierno along those lines.
    The fault running along the spine would drop the northern half into the Atlantic saying bye to the rest of the islands within 30mins and anything else bordering it within about 24hrs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Coming to see you guys on Tuesday pot dog.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Coming to see you guys on Tuesday pot dog.

thecaptain
    Free Member

The megatsunami thing seems more hype than reality.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘At least it's not rain that's forecast. (October holidays content)’ is closed to new replies.