Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • At last night's works Christmas do I….
  • Pook

…stupidly attempted Unfinished Sympathy on karaoke.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is this after using a time machine? 😈

SaxonRider

…skipped it.

DezB
    Free Member

I suspect it was better than Pete Tong’s version 😆

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I did Don’t Look Back In Anger and Teenage Dirtbag at last years. I was awesome.

jonnyboi

I found out that two of my colleagues are having an affair

Drac

Did you finish it?

Is your dog allowed at the next party too?

fasthaggis

OP

Can I just …..well done,well done indeed.

Hope you did some 80s big arms dancing as well 🙂

verses

I hope Drac was replying to jonnyboi…

Drac

Oh shit! 😳

Yes I was. 😆

tdog
    Free Member

I did Don’t Look Back In Anger and Teenage Dirtbag at last years. I was awesome.

In your head-maybe 😆

Edit) holy moly so does this now mean stw isa safehaven to swear?

philjunior
    Free Member

I stayed relatively sober and remembered getting cuddled twice by a lady and three times by another gentleman.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I found out why I didn’t get a job I applied for 5 or 6 years ago.

The interviewing manager confessed that we’d never have been able to work together as she fancies me something rotten.
    She’s obviously got absolutely no taste at all. And I’m happily married, so is she. 😯

(We now work in the same group, hence being at the same Christmas party, along with 500+ other people.)

What she doesn’t know (and I didn’t tell her as she was drunk) is that the next stage of reorganisation means that I’ll almost certainly be working with her from next spring. Rather than walking past in the corridor once a quarter.

That’s going to be awkward, if she remembers the confession.

slowoldman

…told the “penguin job” joke.

Northwind

Last year (didn’t karaoke this year) I took a risk with a reinterpretation of Royals by Lorde in a sort of lounge act crooner stylee, which was bloody awesome. Then lost it all with Straight Outta Compton, because it turned out I don’t know actual Straight Outta Compton, I only know Straight Outta Locash from the film CB4, and they’re not quite the same.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Mine was last week.

One of the subbies, pissed up, challenged me to holding our hands on top of the hot plate they put your food on in Indian Restaurants, I begged him not to, I explained I had nerve damage in my hands and I wouldn’t really feel it and it was daft anyway, but he insisted. We both ended up with burnt hands, only mine didn’t hurt ha ha.

Mrs was ANNOYED with me though. Told me right off.

senorj

We didn’t have a works do this year. 🙁
    My go to karaoke song is “tiger feet” by Mud.
    Try that next year it’s a winner.

jamj1974

Then lost it all with Straight Outta Compton, because it turned out I don’t know actual Straight Outta Compton, I only know Straight Outta Locash from the film CB4, and they’re not quite the same.

An easy mistake after quite a few. I think you should of gone for broke with Sweat of My Balls…

sbob
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

turned out I don’t know actual Straight Outta Compton, I only know Straight Outta Locash from the film CB4, and they’re not quite the same.

But just as good!
    And possibly more offensive. 😆

jamj1974

I only know Straight Outta Locash from the film CB

The whole soundtrack is mandatory on our biking roadtrips.

drlex
    Free Member

I found out that two of my colleagues are having an affair

In contrast at ours, the two who are marrried to each other bickered all the way through dinner and then ended up having a scrap on the dancefloor, and he chinned two colleagues who broke them up. He resigned on Monday, but she’s still here; HR told to bury it, due to her being a director.
    I despair…

matt_outandabout

…found out how competitive a colleague is, when she was gutted we didn’t set fastest time on an Escape Room. She even had notepad and pen with her, ready prepared. 😆

choppersquad
    Free Member

What’s an Escape Room, and how do you set a fastest time on it?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘At last night's works Christmas do I….’ is closed to new replies.