Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • At last
  • Bunnyhop

I can bunny hop. After 11 years of mtbing the wheels finally left the ground and over the log went I, hooray.

All thanks to the teacher on yesterdays skills course.
    Mountain Bike Skills Courses rock.

http://www.lilybankfarmcottage.co.uk/

eth3er
    Free Member

Congratulations, time to change your name.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

'Tis always nice when there's a happy ending … and there's also the warm glow the instructor gets seeing someone accomplish something, it's a win win.

Well done.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Can you teach me ❓

Bunnyhop

DeeJay – You're a really good rider, I know you can ride anything 😉

I just need to practise now, so I can launch over trail obstacles instead of being a wuss.

jedi

practise what you were taught and don't be tempted to expand on it until it is totally an unconcious action.

angryratio
    Free Member

Hehe its brill when you first manage to do it.
    I was'nt even thinking when i did it for the first time.
    Thought it was superb when i first did it, then someone pointed out "you bunnyhop like an xc rider and thats the less rad way to do it"

swines.

djglover
    Free Member

Change your name to face_plant, or sore_coccyx

Bunnyhop

djglover – I have indeed got a sore coccyx and a huge bruise on my posterior, from having a stupid dismount, getting foot caught on flat pedal while totally stopped and landing heavily on the ground, very undignified.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – you are too kind – come on the Nidderdale ride and show me how its done – after a month of practice you should be brill

Bunnyhop

DeeJay – I'll try. We'll need a big stick, not to thump you with of course but to try and pop over. I've started small so need to work up to a small log. It'll be like the blind leading the blind.

Definitely thinking of coming on this ride, as I enjoyed the Calderdale one so much ( apart from the pushing).

DeeJay
    Free Member

ton knows a good pushing technique 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

i love bunny hopping my kids little bikes they stare in wonder. Make sure you get the front wheel up high when you are going large! DeeJay ride slower and I will teach you.
    OP – Well done you – would be good to see you again if you can make it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘At last’ is closed to new replies.