Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Asus Transformer not charging.
  • mactheknife

1 month out of warranty 🙁 seriously.

I don’t know anybody else with the same charger, but i have connected the tablet via the USB lead to my laptop which works fine to transfer files so i assume that’s not the lead that is faulty. The charger itself also charges my ipod with a different USB cable so again i can only assume it is the tablet that is at fault.

So i got onto ASUS customer services stating i was willing to pay for repair costs if they are at reasonable price. Mmmm £35 quid for their courier to pick it up then any repair costs on top of that. I think not.

So what options do i have. Try and take it apart and hope i can spot something amiss which is bloody unlikely??

iainc

Edit, didn’t read your post properly, sorry

mikey74
    Free Member

I have a Transformer and IIRC it doesn’t charge via USB, only via the plug adapter.

mactheknife

mikey74, i knew it would not charge via USB, i was testing that the laed worked.

mikey74
    Free Member

• The Transformer cannot be charged via USB when it is connected to the keyboard dock & when charging via USB will charge slowly at around 3% per hour.

Edit: Have you looked at the connection into the adapter? Mine wouldn’t charge and when I looked at the adapter end, the cable wasn’t properly seated.

jonk

It might have fluff in the plug use a new tooth brush to get the fluff out.

Cougar

Or a lungful of air.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Asus Transformer not charging.’ is closed to new replies.