Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Astra VXR / Focus ST / Megane RS / Golf GTi / Audi S3
  • the_lecht_rocks

………which car and why ?

hot hatch shoot out time….

new MK7 Golf GTi due in March 2013…new S3 will follow too…..

boxxer7
    Free Member

I went for the Gti all be it not the standard one (Ed35), it’s not the quickest and it’s not the best handling but for me it had a great blend of power, practicality, residuals and build quality. And it does a good job too, although the megane 265 was close for me!

nicko74

Megane for the driving thrill
    Focus ST for practicality (but drinks petrol)
    Golf GTI for the best of all worlds (but not as exciting as it used to be)
    VXR for looking like a chav
    S3 for looking like your Dad?

sc-xc

Nissan Juke-R

😯

spooky_b329

Yuk!

Don’t forget the Citroen DS5 and the Mazda MPS range.

mbr30
    Free Member

I’ve just got a Leon FR TDI 170. Goes like stink, loads of torque

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I test drove the Megane RS last week. Fantastic.
    Best bit was I felt confident in it from the start. Great driving position, feedback and positive steering.

Sounds good too!

Saving the pennies to (hopefully) get one soon.

DickBarton

Had a Megane and a Leon Cupra (so almost a Golf/Audi) out of the first list. I’d have the Megane over them all…really loved it.

ziggy
    Free Member

My younger Bro has a Focus RS, it’s chuffin’ rapid! Thirsty though.

I wish Honda still made a proper type R hatch, not the crap they are making now. Can get Jap spec imports 240bhp from a 2 litre NA engine and 9000 rpm. I miss my type R 🙁

Financially the Golf makes most sense, but then you may just as well buy a diesel if you’re thinking that way.

stufield
    Free Member

bmw 130 coupe

big_scot_nanny

No Scooby-doo on the list? Surely the best bang for buck, and total reliability, on the market?

I miss my WRX… 🙁

oxnop
    Free Member

I’ve had a mk 5 golf GTI in the past which was fantastic (especially with DSG) so imagine the mk 7 will be excellent.

Just recently I’d become bored of my current car (Golf GT diesel) so was set to buy a 2010 S3 on Saturday, it was nice but didnt feel exciting, almost too planted.

There was a Clubman JCW in the showroom and after a test drive ended up buying it! Proper marmite car but was 100% more fun than the S3, felt quicker then the GTI, can do 40ish MPG (if I want to drive like a granny) and very rare. Everyone will think I’m bonkers but I have a VW Caddy for MTB/Dog duties so thought why not.

Really wanted a new megane 265 but the depreciation is silly, also fancied a 135i but mpg and insurance is unbelievable.

loddrik
    Free Member

They’re all shite, tarted up family hatches. Far too heavy and too front biased.

What we really need is a rwd stripped out Fiat 500 Abarth that weighs no more than 1100kg and has 250bhp.

matt_outandabout

Go for the best:

If I had the money for a fun car, I think it would be a 16v Mk2, before it got all fat and heavy in Mk3 guise…
    *edit*
    Cheap, too…

http://www.wagenwheels.co.uk/cars_for_sale.htm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Astra VXR / Focus ST / Megane RS / Golf GTi / Audi S3’ is closed to new replies.