Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Aston Martin One-77
  • eth3er
    Free Member

I don't particularly care about cars but some things about this one made me take note. None of the numbers are mind boggling 7.3litre V12, 700bhp and 0-60 in 3.5s. I am not sure it's desperately pretty either. Is the £1.2m price tag silly? not that I'm jealous or anything.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I think its drop dead gorgeous. Theres some fantastic stuff going on under that bodywork too. I can only imagine how glorious that V12 is going to sound, current Aston V12s make the best noise in the business, but this should be epic.
    Sadly I suspect for the 77 that they're making (and I think all already sold) will all end up in private collections, won't get driven and probably won't see the light of day anytime soon.

tails
    Free Member

Thats a special paintjob, I wonder what the image was rendered with.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_C

Soon to be seen on loads of Premier League football gound car parks…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Mega car, mega price tag. As above – I'm sure some overpaid cockend premiership player will have one round here and stuff it into a wall

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The real photos look better.

Apparently…. some rich fella in the middle east has bought two – one to drive and one is going to have its engine drained and sit in his house as an ornament.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mine is not for sale.

sslowpace
    Free Member

This is why…

Drac

Stunning car but as mentioned photos look way better.

llamafarmer
    Free Member

A 700bhp V12 Aston…. The noise will be worth the money on it's own! 😈

theflatboy
    Free Member

Sadly I suspect for the 77 that they're making (and I think all already sold) will all end up in private collections, won't get driven and probably won't see the light of day anytime soon.

having worked in mayfair for several years in my previous job, i guarantee that you will see one on the streets there within a few weeks of the first few being delivered.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

i guarantee that you will see one on the streets there within a few weeks of the first few being delivered.

But I can assure you I will not be going North of the Parks….

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Aston Martins are getting boring, they all look the same.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Aston martins are just sub-par in every respect for their price. Their only saving grace is the chavvy bond appeal and good looks. Ferraris are much better cars as are many cheaper BMWs and AUDIS.
    But then again I guess it comes down to Brietling vs Casio.

coogan
    Free Member

Looks like every other Aston on sale just now. I can never tell them apart.

nickc

Gotta agree with coogan and slw, they all look the same to me. Must be the easiest job in the world, AM designer

Yetiman
    Free Member

nickc – I think that honour belongs to Porsche designers.

coogan
    Free Member

Porsche look similar too. But as nice as Astons are, they really could be a bit more adventurous.

genesis
    Free Member

Street legal DBR9 with a bit more bling really.

CountZero

It's called a house style; it's why people like them because they always look like an Aston Martin as against, say a Jaguar or mebbe a Ferrari. Who, in my very humble opinion, haven't made a good looking car for twenty years. I certainly wouldn't bother keeping hold of a Ferrari if someone gave it to me, I'd swap it for an Audi. Do like that fancy Aston, tho'.

MTT
    Free Member

mafiafish – Member

Aston martins are just sub-par in every respect for their price. Their only saving grace is the chavvy bond appeal and good looks. Ferraris are much better cars as are many cheaper BMWs and AUDIS.
    But then again I guess it comes down to Brietling vs Casio.

I'll take the Casio.

No really.

epicyclo

Same legal top speed as my Espace – 70mph – and no room for a bike. I'll give it a miss until they introduce the pickup model 🙂

Notter
    Free Member

Looks like a cross between a McLaren SLR and an Aston, very tasty….

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Same legal top speed as my Espace – 70mph

in this country perhaps. The Aston might get there a bit quicker though unless your espace is this f1 engined jobbie:

genesis
    Free Member

Almost as quick as the Cosworth DFV engined Transit Ford had!

Tiboy

epicyclo, what's the espace like as a bike car, thinking of getting one as a cheaper alternative to a van? can you get the bikes in fully built? Sorry for the boring thread hijack! 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

the video of them driving that ^^^ espace is well worth locating, it's hilarious 😆

cosworth transit too. i'll see if i can find them…

theflatboy
    Free Member

here you go: f1 espace and cosworth transit

epicyclo

Tiboy – Member
    epicyclo, what's the espace like as a bike car, thinking of getting one as a cheaper alternative to a van? can you get the bikes in fully built?

It's great – I leave all but 3 seats folded up, and can easily get 3 bikes (2x29ers and 1×26) in without taking wheels off etc. I carry some large sheets of cardboard to stick between them and to stop the bikes wrecking the upholstery.

The beauty is the older ones are fibreglass with a galvanised spaceframe, so they should last forever. My one is old and has eccentric electrics – doesn't bother me because all the important stuff is reliable.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Aston Martin One-77’ is closed to new replies.