Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Aston hill with Enduro lid
  • akaskittles
    Free Member

So, I was planning on going to Aston hill this week with a enduro lid. But my friend went there today and crashed with a full facer, kinda messed his nose up. So now I’m a bit worried about using a enduro helmet.

I still don’t have a full face lid but I’m getting one soon. Should I just wait till I get it?

jam-bo

Don’t crash then

akaskittles
    Free Member

Oh, I forgot the mention I ride hardtail.. (pretty good on rough stuff that said) so crashing is a little bit higher risk then on a squishy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

No one can answer this for you.

steve_b77
    Free Member

What about an XC helmet to really shit things up

iolo
    Free Member

Are you ugly? I’m sure when they rebuild your jaw,nose and teeth the nhs will have you looking like Brad Pitt.
    Your risk. But if you do case it it will hurt with that lid. Good luck.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All the great riders are wearing these right now

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

What the hell is an enduro lid?

I’d happily ride there in a normal xc lid. Wait. Actually. It’s rain this week isn’t it. Aston hill + rain = full face time.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Yeah that place is well slippy if it’s wet and if it’s starting to dry out is bloody lethal!
    You’ll definitely want a FF if your doing the DH tracks though.

This shows how slippy the trail surface was just last week … https://vimeo.com/m/93234476

akaskittles
    Free Member

Yeah that place is well slippy if it’s wet and if it’s starting to dry out is bloody lethal!
    You’ll definitely want a FF if your doing the DH tracks though.

This shows how slippy the trail surface was just last week … https://vimeo.com/m/93234476 did someone spill a truck full of oil onto that track!?!?! that’s insane… I’m planning on going in the dry, like dry dry dusty dry.

So it seems I’m gonna wait for a full facer

slowoldman

What’s it surfaced with? Lard?

Karl33to
    Free Member

LOL, the white you can see is the chalk which is reasonably smooth and exposed at all the tricky bits, when it gets soaked it’s supposedly ok to ride on, but as it starts to dry out it turns to a grease like paste. In the dry it’s nice and grippy but just creates clouds of white dust instead.

jamesoz

Chalk and flint, I have a 6 inch reminder cut into my dianese spine guard from a mildly slippy day. It’s not that scary there but if wet it can be totally frictionless with the added bonus of spiky flints to cut you to ribbons.

akaskittles
    Free Member

Dust is better then riding on grease. Looks like I’m getting a full face lid (661?) I know HT will be fine. I have knee and elbow pads but the facer needs to be bought.

akaskittles
    Free Member

Chalk and flint, I have a 6 inch reminder cut into my dianese spine guard from a mildly slippy day. It’s not that scary there but if wet it can be totally frictionless with the added bonus of spiky flints to cut you to ribbons.

You make it sound scary :/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Aston hill with Enduro lid’ is closed to new replies.