Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Aston Hill DH trails on a hardtail????
  • gsm7
    Free Member

Will this be more of a chore than enjoyable?
    First time to Aston Hill and not too sure what the trails are like…

bobbyspangles

if you are worried then maybe a bouncy bike would be a good investment.

All you have to worry about at Aston is the damp, if its wet it is slippy so think more about what tyres to take.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Hardtail no problem at Aston. Tyre choice when it’s wet ( it is very wet currently) is more of an issue.

br
    Free Member

If its rained much recently, don’t ride at Aston but try all the BW’s to the north (of Tring) – they’ll be far less muddy.

ddmonkey

I used to ride at Aston on a hardtail, good tyres a must and if its wet its almost impossible to hold a line on the off camber rooty sections but otherwise I reckon you should have fun. The new freeride trail they have there looks pretty smooth I’ve not ridden it but from the vids it looks fine for a HT.

winch
    Free Member

I massively enjoyed my first trip to Aston a few weeks ago (on a hardtail). Surface to air is brilliant, some of the drops might be a bit much for some mind 8) This was on a dry day.

gsm7
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Might go and check it out sometime – I love riding sketchy, muddy, off camber stuff – so could be fun!

I have seen a few youtube vids of surface to air – I can’t possibly imagine what that trail is like in the wet – all the vids make it look so fast and hard-packed… Does it really get that bad?

Tyre choice….. Hmmm

pegglet
    Free Member

at the mo,spikes spikes spikes believe me!…(and its supposed to rain all day tomoz)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Aston Hill DH trails on a hardtail????’ is closed to new replies.