Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Aston Hill bike park Bucks
  • jameso

b r , that’s one way I go, use a similar route on the return leg that descends the footpath from the stables that ends near to the turning you describe nr the A41. Or use that as a climb on the way out but only in summer. Then onto the short bit of Ridgeway near Wiggington or the woods near the off-road centre.

br
    Free Member

jameso

Also the cheeky route back across ‘the Twist’ and the high-level A41 bridge, which then runs along Pendley Manor to Tring Station.

tbh Once you’ve explored the Chilterns and realised just how much (fun) riding there is I can’t see why anyone would pay to ride the XC course.

jameso

That’s basically the Ridgeway isn’t it, with a few gates along it? Haven’t used that as a route back if so. I know most of the routes in that area but few by place name w/o a map to refer to. There’s loads of options. Too easy to get into habits of using the same routes on my usual loops, so I was reading this thinking that a few social rides would be good to mix things up.

austinburner
    Free Member

Goldigger, Sunday morning ride sounds good.
    May only have a limited time window as have plans on the day.
    What time & how long a ride are you thinking?
    Are makkag & creepy up for it also?

carbonfiend
    Free Member

@summitchilterns – I have actually ridden with a few of you guys a good few years back. In laws were living in Penn at the time & I met a few of you one Xmas rode for a few hours in some woods ? Then went back to a guys house for a cup of tea was all very nice. Was gonna get in touch again soon as I move there.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Austinburner,
    looking out the window I’m rather reluctant to go out in the morning at the mo..
    what’s your time window?

austinburner
    Free Member

Goldigger, is bloody grim out there!
    Will find out when we are meeting friends & get back to you.
    Is it best to reach you on email?

austinburner
    Free Member

Goldigger, I’m good up to 11.
    Up for a couple hours in the mud?
    Will try you email also.
    Sorry op for the post high jack, will keep an eye on this for any group rides as am keen.
    Cheers

creedy
    Free Member

Sorry for the radio silence. I did indeed have a hangover so drunk through it again! Went round a very wet tunnel hill yesterday. Grown up stuff to do today. Will def be up for rides soon though. It’s Creedy btw 😉

adamgear053
    Free Member

Aston is a fun place to ride

If you like your downhill , Gravity Enduro runs then pop over to us at Tidworth Freeride MTB Park

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Aston Hill bike park Bucks’ is closed to new replies.