Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Assos Chamois Cream
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

does anybody use this?? been getting a lot of chaffing recently, and now im going back to a tried and tested saddle im gonna start using butt cream too! is this the best stuff?? for a tenner just over i dont mind paying it at all if helps to keep a sore bum at bay?

druidh
    Free Member

Assos is OK. Chamois Butt’r and the Chapeau product are equally good.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Custard Cream anyone?

Fresh packet, just eaten the crushed ones so only 2/3rds of a packet left..

I’m sitting comfy, let the debate begin.

timbur
    Free Member

Mint arse lard dear boy.

It’s ace and gives you a minty tingle to your back end ;o>

hughjardon
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few different brands and for my 2p Assos is the best 🙂

muppet4
    Free Member

i like assos,tried others but think it is the best personnaly,currently using agu balm but its too much like vasoline

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Sudocreme – does the job fine for a third of the price, and if you want that tingly feeling, just mix in some toothpaste before you apply it.

rootes1

sudocreme is not slippy enough.. but is good for a post long ride soothe

FuzzyWuzzy

Used to swear by Assos and used it for years but the new formula (they’ve taken the mint out) caused a pretty nasty reaction for me (in a place you don’t want skin problems :p ). I meant to email them and ask if they put anything new into it but haven’t bothered yet.

Tried sudocreme briefly (initially just to help deal with the reaction but then as a ride cream), seemed OK if you put loads on but is too greasy for my liking, you need soap and a couple of washes to get it off your hands which isn’t always convenient. Seemed to wash out of shorts OK though.

Then tried Chapeau which seems pretty good but it’s more expensive then Assos and IMO not quite as good so have also now bought a tub of Udderly Smooth but not used it yet…

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Always used Assos but just tried some Sportsbalm Chamois-balm. Opened it up and thought I’d just bought a 9 quid tub of mentolated petroluem jelly (I know, I know, technically it is…) but I’m quite impressed with it.

MSP

My last couple of pots of assos cream seem to have regained the minty tingle, wonder if they have gone back to the old formula or if the shop found an old box in the back of the stockroom.

Kryton57

Udderly Smooth – just as good, less than half the price of Assos.

closetroadie
    Free Member

I’ve been using that Morgan Blue stuff. It looks and feels like Nivea but it does work.

speaker2animals

I was a fan of Assoss up to about 5 hours. As a very heavy sweater I think I washed it off. Euro style Chamois Buttr is in my current experience better as it will last me about 8 hours plus for the same price you get a bigger tub.

As much as I’d like to go the Sudocrem route for economics I just find it too hard to apply and it is messy. It does work but I’m happy to pay for the convenience of the Chaois Buttr/Assoss TBH.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Assos Chamois Cream’ is closed to new replies.