Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • assault or just a "laugh"?
  • ton

al………….do you think i give a **** about looking stupid………….get over it mate……… 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fair point 😎

_tom_
    Free Member

So long as it wasn’t too hard it’s funny. If it’s hard enough to actually hurt and if the rider is going fast enough for it to be dangerous then it’s not so funny. imo.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Ok, on reflection any car close enough for the passenger to tan your hide is **** dangerous and very wrong.

As a child cycling in Scotland i once had a mix of curry powder and water (possibly wee) squirted in my face and eyes, not good at all.

A couple of years ago at the top of the first climb on the Mega qualifier there were a group of nice french girls running alongside shouting “allez allez roast beef”, Even though it was a p*** take I kinda liked that, wouldn’t have minded a smack on the bum either. Addmittedly neither incident involved a car being inches away from me.

So.. good natured ribbing/teasing can be funny, but putting peoples lives at risk isn’t.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

@_tom_ – it doesn’t matter how hard either. If you aren’t expecting contact from a passing vehicle then the ‘shock/surprise’ could have an effect. A startled swerve into the curb, man hole cover could have someone off etc.
    Granted, the lines are blurring between ‘assault’ and just being daft in that example. My point is that doing something daft whilst inside a ton or so of moving metal with a cyclist in close proximity is asking for a mess. Most times (hopefully), yes, it will be just laughed off.

It’s reminded me of another time in Wales on the road bike, a car pulled up along side and the lad gentley stroked my arm! Had to grin at that one, it was just bizarre!

tonyg2003

He reached down found a large
    rock and put in the windscreen of the transit.
    Leaving 3 open mouthed guys in the transit.

Wow that’s some release of anger. Anything else happen???

Nope nothing else happened, but my friend disappeared fairly sharpish after the incident.

I rode La Marmotte (Dark Side) four years ago and when I was riding up Alp D’Huez there were crowds of french supporters on each bend with water/sponges (it was super hot) to help cool you down. Unless you were wearing a Discovery top or riding a Trek. Then the sponges/water was thrown at you. Not big fans of Lance in those days!

TheBrick
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    So long as it wasn’t too hard it’s funny. If it’s hard enough to actually hurt and if the rider is going fast enough for it to be dangerous then it’s not so funny. imo.

Unbelievable.

So is it funny if I walk up to and push you in a non dangerous way? Would it be funny to run up to a woman in the street and in a “non dangerous way” jiggle or even mock jiggle her breasts? No, it’s **** rude ****tish behaviour. I’m amazed at some of the comments in this thread that seem to imply that because the guy was on a road bike and shock horror, wearing the most appropriate clothing for doing a road ride, lycra, that it’s ok to endanger and just play some practical joke on some innocent guy going about his business.

Twin
    Free Member

When I was about 14 I had a shoe thrown at me from a passing car that caught me square in the back. Not too funny at the time.

Though it does explain why you see loads of lone shoes littered around the roadside/central resrvations etc.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Twin
    Free Member

Must be a serial shoe thrower then….. 😀

roper
    Free Member

In Spain whenever we get shouted at (which is often)it tends to be up at the top of a hill or mountain and is usually “FUERTE!!! FUERTE!!!! (strong, strong) or “Campeón Campeón ole ole ole!!!!! and they are usually clapping and cheering at the time too.

I wish more UK drivers were like those in Spain and most of Europe.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Even a scream/shout from a passing car is enough to make me wobble & see the red mist.

I think my favourite on this thread is yanking the brakes on and forcing the perp’s arm against the B-pillar.

Bagstard
    Free Member

TheBrick, nobody is saying it’s right, but ‘sometimes’ these things can be funny( I don’t mean harassing women.)

A friend of mine came round to help bleeding my brakes, on completion he volunteered to to test the bike down the hill I live on. He returned covered in eggs and eggshell, some chavs had bombarded him as he rode down the hill. It could so easily have been me, but my poor friend took a bullet (egg) for me. Would he have laughed had it been me?

Pretty sure you know the answer to that!

dazzlingboy

Out many years ago with (the now) Mrs Dazzlingboy having a quiet Sunday afternoon ride round wee back roads – no lycra more a picnic in the rucsac type outing. Bunch of neds in sh1tty car pelted us with eggs and raced off pi$$ing themselves. Mrs caught the worst of it and was properly upset – tears and all. Anyway the neds obviously thought they’d have another kick of the ball and came back for seconds. Obviously saw Mrs blubbing by the road side and me advancing towards them 👿 and decided enough was enough and beat a retreat.

Thing is though – gang of teenagers in a car with a dozen eggs? I reckoned they came out specifically prepared for this and looking for a victim. This was not a spur of the moment slap on the arse but something else. Thankfully never seen the like again.

khani
    Free Member

Something similer to this happened near me a couple of years ago, the rider fell into a ditch and broke his back,

the scrotes were never caught
    Not funny…..

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘assault or just a "laugh"?’ is closed to new replies.