Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • assault or just a "laugh"?
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=51079

or did he deserve it for wearing lycra?

samuri
    Free Member

assault. Of a sexual nature.

trail_rat
    Free Member

tosser of highest

might have considered it a laugh if A they were going slow and B folk that knew the guy

under no other circumstances is that funny …

MrNutt
    Free Member

their is never an excuse for spanking a man in lycra no matter how much energy drink you’ve had

aP
    Free Member

A friend of mine had that happen to him in the early 90s. Needless to say he was extremely unimpressed, as was the driver of the car when said friend caught up with him and smashed the windscreen and driver’s side window. If we hadn’t dragged him away he’d have probably strangled the driver as well.

glenh
    Free Member

They sound like a bunch of losers.

ton

not nice…………….but very funny…….. 😆

BadlyWiredDog

not nice…………….but very funny……..

In what way is that ‘funny’?

swisstony
    Free Member

whenever we pass a lycra clad roadie in the car my wife always simulates smacking their arse from inside the car, she thinks it’s really funny

lardman
    Free Member

sorry Ton, that should not be funny. At all.
    Cars, bikes, roads dont mix well….. nothing funny at all. And i’m the first one with some twisted humour normally.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Not nice, not funny.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not nice, not funny, not clever and dangerous.

scaredypants

but it is funny when I do it to another rider, yeah ?

I always do it to my minuteman

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s happened to me once, but as it was a women doing it, I counted it as a compliment 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

not nice…………….but very funny……..

for Neanderthals?

rOcKeTdOg

nevr had that done to me, had cola squirted at me from a cabriolet and a beer can thrown at me by chavs though

BigJohn

Supporting Ton here.

And astonished that the standard of spelling on that forum is even worse than on here.

ton

to be honest, i was trying to be a bit sensative with the not nice bit…………..so scrub that.
    it is **** hilarious……………. 😆

project
    Free Member

Bak in the 90,s a lorry slowly passed me on a steep up hill me on a road bike, the passenger wound the wuindow down, and said , thirsty mate, i said no im ok, but he still poured a can of coke over me, no helmet, and it was really sticky for the ride home.

Rhyl, a few years later, riding down the side of some slow moving cars, car in front pulls almost to the curb, 4 kids inside it, so i pulled back a bit, another car just driving along side of me, felt somebody feeling my back,and realised a kid was trying to niock my money out of back pocket, i stopped suddenly as his arm got pulled forward by the car b pillar, loud scream and much swearing from kid.

b1galus
    Free Member

i was cycling up the lanark road and got pelted with bananas by a bunch of squaddies in a three tonner they weren’t too happy when they were introduced to their new lycra clad clubswinger though

Woody
    Free Member

I feel really guilty now that I laughed.

It was a bad thing to do…….naughty, naughty boys – probably downhillers

Edit: 5 minutes later I’m still giggling

scaredypants

b1galus – Member
    i was cycling up the lanark road and got pelted with bananas by a bunch of squaddies in a three tonner they weren’t too happy when they were introduced to their new lycra clad clubswinger though

eh ?
    are you saying you battered them, or offered them a gang-bang ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

So ton it’s ok for someone to do that to you?

b1galus
    Free Member

b1galus – Member
    eh ?
    are you saying you battered them, or offered them a gang-bang ?

neither , i took them for two hours of physical training

tonyg2003

This happen to a mate of mine a couple of years ago. He was riding along and transit with 3 guys came past and one slapped his arse incredibly hard (told us he still had a red mark days later).

My friend is the sort of never hurts a fly type but a couple of hundred yards down the road the transit had stopped at a set of lights. Said friend rolled up to find 3 guys crying with laughter. The red mist descended (he’s still embrassed/ can be made to blush when we mention it), he reached down found a large rock and put in the windscreen of the transit. Leaving 3 open mouthed guys in the transit.

ton

cynic-al – Member

al………shush 8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Christ they’d find it hard to miss, that’s fo’ sho….. 😆

ton

bastid 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh!

😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

they’d lose their arm! 😀

ton

bastid bastid 😆

monkeychild
    Free Member

He reached down found a large
    rock and put in the windscreen of the transit.
    Leaving 3 open mouthed guys in the transit.

Wow that’s some release of anger. Anything else happen???

Junkyard
    Free Member

superstar hired him as a race mechanic iirc

Bagstard
    Free Member

If you take away the potentially dangerous element it is pretty funny. Come on, if it was a car full of pretty girls you wouldn’t mind! Well I wouldn’t anyway. Clearly too much lycra makes you uptight!

DavidB
    Free Member

Ok, what crimes for this one then.

I was on road bike near Sherston when a van pulled alongside, the passenger window went down and a Jack Russell was held out the window in my face.

Dog just looked at me in a resigned fashion.

So, assault and animal cruelty in one?

BadlyWiredDog

If you take away the potentially dangerous element it is pretty funny.

I’m quite gobsmacked that people on here, a cycling forum, find the idea of someone hitting a cyclist funny. What if the guy had been so shocked he’d slammed into a lampost and broken and arm or leg or suffered head injuries? Would that have been funny? If that had happened to your wife or partner or child, would that be funny too?

How exactly do you ‘take away the potentially dangerous element’?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Can’t see the funny side, I’m afraid.
    If someone walked passed you in the street and thumped or slapped you for no good reason it would be assault, surely? Why is being on a bike regardless of what you’re wearing any different.

It happened to me whilst out on the road bike (but wearing baggies, I might add). They only clipped me so didn’t think too much of it. Looked over my shoulder to see my wife laid in the hedge in tears. They had managed to connect good and proper with her. The hand print was still there a few days later and it’s really knocked her confidence whilst out on the road.

Still regret not thinking quicker and getting the number plate etc.

PiknMix
    Free Member

The police don’t find it very funny, I was a driver of a car when one of my dickhead mates did exactly this to some lycra clad roadie.

They came to see me and I got done as I wouldn’t grass him up.

I was seriously unimpressed and it was at that point I realised I needed a new bunch of mates.

D0NK

Had it done to me yonks ago, not hard enough to constitute assault i guess but still pisssed me off. Car was too close/too fast aswell so I’d guess driver was in on it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah so ton is pretending it’s funny to wind folk up. Shame it just makes you look a bit stupid. most choose a slightly less obvious target.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘assault or just a "laugh"?’ is closed to new replies.