Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Assault by car
  • samuri
    Free Member

that's actually almost a reasonable punishment for once.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think judge got that about right by the sound of it.

There's an article in the Malvern Gazette today about some poor guy who got squeezed into the back of a parked car down the end of our road. Its on the Worcester road and cars are usually making good going and dont want to slow down to wait for a cyclist to pull out around parked cars on a narrow bend. I just take up a position in the middle of the lane so they have no choice now after getting close to being squeezed once before.

coogan
    Free Member

Mr Boswell kicking the defendant’s car, causing damage to the side of the vehicle. He feared that the driver was going to get out of his car and rode off

Anyone else laugh at this? Kick the car, panic and do a runner.

ski
    Free Member

I read about this in the Worcester Evening News today, funny thing is on the letter page, over the last week, there has been a couple of letters from locals moaning about cyclist!

Foregate Street is hardly a narrow road either, but the traffic is normally bumper to bumper there.

project
    Free Member

FOR SALE,
    AUDI TT, SLIGHT DENT IN SIDE,COMPLETE WITH ANGER MANAGEMENT CD, AND COPY OF CYCLING WEEKLY,GENUINE REASON FOR SALE.
    PHONE WORCESTER 123456

Kahurangi

He was only convicted of Careless Driving, not Dangerous Driving. Ramming a cyclist? Anyone else think it's a bit off?

He was only endorsed with 8 points. We have to be thankful for his other 6 that he's no longer on the road. For a while.

Aidy
    Free Member

I'd say it seemed like a pretty reasonable punishment, you can hardly claim the cyclist was faultless, and it doesn't sound like the collision happened at great speed.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ramming a cyclist sounds like assault to me.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

😕

coogan
    Free Member

I read about this in the Worcester Evening News today, funny thing is on the letter page, over the last week, there has been a couple of letters from locals moaning about cyclist!

Well lets face it, cyclists can be as bad as motorists. I'm dumbstruck at some of them in Edinburgh. I almost flattened one today when she pulled out right in front of me from a side street.

stumpyjon

It doesn't really excuse the cyclist (although we've all been there in our heads if not in reality) but what the driver did was way more serious. Kicking a stationary car results in a dent, knocking someone off their bike could end up with a death.

Careless driving suggest it was an accident that should have been avoidable if the driver was paying proper attention, this was deliberate and surely should be at least dangerous driving. trouble is careless driving is so much easier to get a conviction with. The fact he already had significant points on his licence doesn't suggest he's the world's most considerate driver either.

renton
    Free Member

got what he deserved to be honest!!! fancy driving a tt 😀

samuri
    Free Member

agreed but he did say he didn't try to hit the cyclist, merely get in front of him to stop him. There's probably no corobration for this story other than the cyclist having fallen off so I think the judge was almost there. The driver did go straight to the cop shop to report the incident which either suggests he is normally a law abiding citizen (aside from being a shit driver), or entirely believes that he owns the road.

aracer
    Free Member

agreed but he did say he didn't try to hit the cyclist, merely get in front of him to stop him.

…and of course you normally do that by driving into the back of somebody. That line is obviously a complete fabrication, but then you don't expect the justice system in the country to actually charge somebody with assault when they use a car as a weapon. I mean how exactly did he plan on stopping the cyclist once he'd got in front, other than running into him?

The driver did go straight to the cop shop to report the incident

His comments would suggest he was going to report the cyclist for criminal damage!

coatesy
    Free Member

a couple of self tappers sticking out of his pannier would have done just as good a job on the audi with none of the aggro:)

theginjaninja
    Free Member

I've got a similar incident which I am dealing with the Police at the moment. Hope I the driver gets a similar judgement.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Assault by car’ is closed to new replies.