Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Assange case gets seriously weird
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The US can **** off for all I care. From what I’ve read, the case against him in Sweden is fairly weak anyway – he’s not doing himself any favours by avoiding going back there to face arrest and any resultant trial that ensues. Is there any evidence to suggest they’ll ship him to America any more easily than we would? (gen q btw.)

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Funny old world isn’t it

Assange illegally obtains and publishes stuff – he’s a leftie hero

Murdoch/Brooks do the same, and they’re Satan incarnate

😐

MSP

Big difference between whistleblowing, and hacking a murdered girls phone, while having cosy lunches with political powers and controlling the message released by agreement.

kimbers

MSP is right

exposing the murder of children eg the apache footage vs hacking a murdered schoolgirls phone to sell more papers, I see quite a big difference in that too

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Julian Assange doesn’t seem to think its so different – In his own words:

“The UK press’s biggest problem is the reporting of lies… [but] the Leveson Inquiry will crack down on investigative journalism, further preventing the publication of truth…
    The problem is, any journalist with influence gets sucked in by politicians and becomes a political actor. Leveson needs to drop the idea that it’s all about News International…
    Local media is clubbing together to beat the hell out of News International but it’s not just Murdoch, it’s everyone.”

MSP

So exactly which part of that likens the actions of wikileaks to the actions of news international?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – Member

Funny old world isn’t it

Indeed it is. I would have thought that the libertarian right like you would have championed Assange. And it’s bizarre how a country which assumes the role of lecturing to the world the importance of a free and open society, should be the so secretive and so determined to punish Assange for revealing information which its government finds embarrassing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Funny old world isn’t it

The one you inhabit certainly is.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What DD said

epicsteve
    Free Member

I suspect it’d be easier to have sympathy for him if he wasn’t such an odious prick.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Assange case gets seriously weird’ is closed to new replies.