Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Ass Savers users – what do you use on the front?
  • ski
    Free Member

Just wondering what everyone used on the front as a guard?

The rear ass saver seems to work so well on the rear, has anyone found something as simmple to protect the front too?

organic355
    Free Member

mucky nutz fender bender

Muke
    Free Member

^^^^ What organic said…
    http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/bender-fender-426-p.asp
    or make your own version.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Bender fender here too……been meaning to make some for my other bikes but haven’t found suitable plastic sheet yet…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

do ppl find their ass saver works?! mine has been the biggest disappointment ever!

Muke
    Free Member

Deffo better than nothing and conveniently tucked away under the saddle when not in use but still not 100% convinced that my AS is living up to all the hype.Possibly better on a 26 than a 29er ?
    More suited to going through the occasional puddle I think but after the latest downpour maybe I need to go out and test it a bit more.

ski
    Free Member

hungry monkey – Member

do ppl find their ass saver works?! mine has been the biggest disappointment ever!

Does what it says on my 29er, but you still get loads of spray and mud on your upper back.

althepal

I made a mucky nutz clone for the front from a 3 litre milk carton..
    Just made a paper template, used that to draw round the carton and cut out. Its even the right shape to fit round the tyre.
    In saying that- had it all summer and it’s getting tired- might just get the real thing and be done with it!
    At the back would rather have something similarly made to the fender bender but that followed the profile of the tyre and could clip onto the stays.. Hmm.

Ladders
    Free Member

Does the Fender Bender protect you as much as a Crud Catcher?

ton

crud race front and rear, with a homemade innertube thing on the front forks.
    about as good as it gets for offroad.

thepodge
    Free Member

I find the AS works best on my road bike as I stand up more on the mountain bike putting my ass above saving range

mattjg
    Free Member

No.

Taff
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a link to creating your own fender bender?

Northwind

Ladders – Member

On the front? Bender Fender is miles better than a crudcatcher, which let’s be honest don’t do much at all. Crudcatcher together with a Bender Fender is fairly effective, since they each catch different mud.

But if you want effective mud-stopping for a mountain bike, get a Shockboard or something of its ilk.

Ladders
    Free Member

On the front? Bender Fender is miles better than a crudcatcher, which let’s be honest don’t do much at all.

In what way Northwind?

Northwind

Crudcatchers are in the wrong place to do anything much- the downtube’s already there doing the same job, and the mud and water that gets flung that way doesn’t matter as much anyway. Whereas Bender Fenders catch the mud and water that gets flung forwards, ie, the crap that gets in your mouth and eyes.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Never thought mine did much……..went out on my new bike though without one and after a couple of puddles thought ***K wish I’d stuck the Ass saver on!

steve_b77
    Free Member

How does one go about getting off the back of the bike when one launches some rad air dude, without catching ones minerals on said catcher?

robsoctane
    Free Member

mattjg – Member

No.

well, yes for me but it all depends on how fast you ride. MN works better than CC if you are faster, just by design…

althepal

I’m not a big fan of the rear crud catcher looks wise. To allow for the rear travel on my 575 I need to mount it v high up on the seatpost- it worked a treat on my old hardtail cos it could be positioned just above the tyre stopping 90% of stuff being chucked up and forwards…
    Got one of these that would normally mount on the brake bosses but as I don’t have any I need to try and bodge something..

Was Hoping to mount it in a style similar to some motorbike fenders I’ve seen- doesn’t cover the full top radius of the wheel but stops most of the crap going up/forwards..

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i used mine on a wet road ride, and my shorts were soaked afterwards…

ah well.

muckynutz
    Free Member

Folks – just letting you know we have a downtube guard hitting the scene next month, the ‘Gut Fender’. Names aren’t our strongest point ;-). We’ll then be moving onto a seatpost mounted rear guard. Hopefully we’ll have everything covered then, fender-wise?!?!?!?! We’re all ears though…….
    Cheers!!!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Ass Savers users – what do you use on the front?’ is closed to new replies.