• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Ass Savers…?
  • Kryton57

How many times can they be swapped on and off (between bikes) before they die?

simondbarnes

wanmankylung
    Free Member

nicolaisam
    Free Member

use once, throw away and buy a Mucky Nutz one

Kryton57

The mucky nut are better are they?

mattjg
    Free Member

A muckynutz in the hand is better than an ass saver on the web.

Kryton57

…and they don’t need cable ties?

fubar
    Free Member

They don’t die, they just disappear mid-ride (in my experience).

clubby

Or everytime you mount the bike when you catch it with your heel.

Jamie
    Free Member

Why not buy another one. They’re like £5?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I don’t know where my Mucky Nutz one is, as I used it once and realised it did eff all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jamie some of us ride so that would get costly …way more than a subscription

zippykona

Do they actually make much difference?
    I’ve been asking for over a year of a post ride picture of someone’s back.

iainc

I have used the mucky nutz one last few rides as I can’t get crudguard on anymore (new saddle and reverb collar a bit lower) its better than I thought it would be.

mikeyp

Yes they work up to a point. They keep your bum dry from the worst of the spray. They can fall off without you realising and they are definitely more likely to do this once the hooks wear. Mine hit crumpled but straightened out with a hair dryer. Consider them relatively disposable though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Do they actually make much difference?
    I’ve been asking for over a year of a post ride picture of someone’s back.

I have the extended version, and will quite happily send you a picture of my arse after my next ride.

rp16v
    Free Member

Had mine about 3 years on the road and a year on the cx with no issues its the hook shape i have not the new flap which i dont like tbh
    i find it keeps most of the crap off me espesh the bum but on sopping wet days nothing is going to help anyway just bask in the wetness

nach
    Free Member

Pretty much what rp16v says, on the wetter days an ass saver will do nothing that’s noticeable. Also, if you ever stand up to pedal it completely defeats the point of the smaller ones.

timb34
    Free Member

Soooo, what ass-saver for a 29er HT? Original or Extended??

(I realise that the answer to this might be “Either, they both do ‘not much'”)

Edit : anyone tried the Wide ones?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I found the Ass saver one not wide enough to do anything when running 2.35 tyres.Thats why i find the Mucky Nutz one better,its a lot bigger and seems to stop a lot more

hilldodger
    Free Member

I find the AS extended version works well in damp roads/light rain conditions – wouldn’t even consider one on mtb though

Jamie
    Free Member

I find the AS extended version works well in damp roads/light rain conditions – wouldn’t even consider one on mtb though

I use one on the CX. I do have a Zefal Swan thingy, but my new bike has a seat post in a D-Shape, so doesn’t seem to clamp on that well. Plus it’s quite heavy, and when off road it flops about a bit. I like the AS as it’s light, and at the end of the day it must be doing something, as it does extend back a bit.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Ass Savers…?’ is closed to new replies.