• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by P20.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ASR5 and 140mm fork
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

Currently running my ASR5 with 130mm forks, they are spaced down from 140mm. Considering running them at 140mm. Should be ok for the descents, but I have concerns about climbing.

Any ASR5 owners running 140mm care to share? Ta

muzzle
    Free Member

No probs with climbing for me with that setup, although I’ve always had 140mm so can’t offer any comparison with 130mm. That may or may not be of any help at all.

Kit
    Free Member

Have mine at 140mm and it can be a little difficult to keep down on steep stuff, but then I have a few spacers under the stem too, and I’m out of practice. Realistically, is 10mm going to make much difference?

Superficial
    Free Member

I use it at 140mm (Revelations) and it’s a climbing machine. Well, I think it is but I haven’t spent too long at 130mm for a good comparison.

dan45a
    Free Member

Ran mine at 140mm no issue climbing at all, but same as muzzle never ran it with any less. Such a fun bike.

bigjim

went from 130 to 140, it is a bit lighter on the front at 140 and when I put the bigger forks on I was sure I preferred it at 130, but now I’m happy with it.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Ive got a set of talas that i usually wind down to 120 when im climbing.. As kit says its a bit light on steep techy stuff at 140.. 🙂

Prophet2
    Free Member

Ta for the replies, think 140 seems acceptable, just will need to be aware that steep climbs may be a bit more “interesting”.

scruzer
    Free Member

Yep fine here with 140mm. Crack on!

Leku
    Free Member

started with spaced down 130mm revs. Then had them unspaced to full 140mm for alps trips. They have now stayed like that for over a year. Descents a bit better, climbs just as well.

P20

I ran mine at 140mm. Brilliant fun

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ASR5 and 140mm fork’ is closed to new replies.