Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Aspen/Snowmass Biking?
  • crispo
    Free Member

Anyone on here ridden there or anywhere nearby?

We head over on the 22nd for my Brothers wedding just near there and hoping that as I’ve got a week over there I could get some riding in.

Tips on local trails, bike hire, post ride beers etc?

Thanks

crispo
    Free Member

Bump

TheRack

Drop into one of the local outdoor shops and pick up the Latitude 90 map for the area.
    Rim Trail in Snowmass is great fun.
    Government Trail which starts and finishes in Aspen is pretty sweet too. Try and get a lift to the trailhead otherwise you have to ride up a road for quite a while.
    Look out for bears.
    There’s 3x shops in Aspen but I only really went in one, Aspen Sports I think, to hire a road so that I could ride up Independence Pass which was fun in it’s own way. Can’t really advise on mtb hire – sorry.
    There’s loads of riding around Glenwood Springs which is about a 45 minute drive away. Real nice hot springs there too. There’s a bike shop in Glenwood which is awesome in a crazy kind of way. Well into their fat bikes, tall bikes, party bikes, stretched bikes, and your normal old mountain bikes. Well worth dropping in on. They’ll probably give you a beer, show you some mad stuff and then talk your ears off. Spent a good couple of hours in there. They know all the local riding too. http://thegearexchange.blogspot.co.uk/

Have a great time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Aspen/Snowmass Biking?’ is closed to new replies.