Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Asos bib tights – HOW MUCH?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Still does not justify stupid pricing.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Quality pays, it’s that simple. I’m unsure I’d ever pay £260 for bibs but £90 for a merino jersey – why not? I have one from Aldi, it’s fine but nowhere near as nice as Ground Effect let alone Icebreaker. And the black one with the blocky pattern is going to come my way, hopefully soon.
    C_G, why would you move away from Gore?

peteimpreza

Update on where the stuff is made.

Just looked on the box of my F1.13 S5 bib shorts, these are the top of the range Assos bibs, and they are made in Bulgaria.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I bought merino wool SS jersey from Cotswold outdoor centre, bike specific wore it for 6 hours our riding got it home after 1 wear and itw as all bobbled and ancient! rubbish and that wasn’t quality at £50 it went back for a refund.

jonb
    Free Member

FOr bib shorts the chamois are manufactured by an external company and so is the fabric.

When i was looking I went for DHB as the fabrics and chamois were the same. Think the top end ones were £90 and they are superb.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Thats not exactly true about the Assos “top end kit”being made in switzerland as I treated myself to the top end shorst and they were made in bulgaria. Not very impressed considering they were nearly £200 big ones!!! Their new bibtights are made in solvenia as with the new jackets and base layers. Im a fan of Assos as the kit works but feel slightly let down as must be made for considerably less.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Just got some Altura reflex bib tights from merlin . Been avoiding the rather odd anorexic WWE wrestler look for a while but finally caved in and you know what – they are awesome – v warm, good fit and the pad is the best I’ve sat on (saves forgetting to wash my legs in the shower after a ride too!)

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Asos bib tights – HOW MUCH?’ is closed to new replies.