Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Asking SingleTrackWorld a QuestionTrackWorld
  • Kahurangi

Hello all, I have a question I’m considering asking the STW massive.

It’s a fairly simple problem, which nevertheless causes my comfortable life quite some consternation. Calling it anguish would be too severe.

My problem has an obvious simple solution but I haven’t implemented it. I might ask for advice anyway. Some people might offer their advice but when it conflicts with what I want to do I’ll ignore it. Actually, I might not even return after the opening post.

My conundrum might well revolve around the purchase of some life-affirming middle-class junk. I might well be typing from my desk instead of doing my job.

I am the STW massive.

chewkw
    Free Member

Speak English please … 😯

PiknMix
    Free Member

Do you need a new toaster/armchair/potato masher?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no it will explode, but in general maybe but you failed to give enough information for people to make a useful contribution.

You are also a free thinker who will purchase the product regardless of the advice then complain about it in 2 weeks time listing all the reasons people told you not to purchase said product and flounce off if somebody references this thread.

Failing that if we support your decision you will ignore that and buy what a mate in the pub told you….

debaser

Yes, when you buy a new headset it does include a crown race.

bokonon
    Free Member

Of course, it makes the trails come alive.

bencooper
    Free Member

Gransfors Bruks, or a cheap one from B&Q.

Kahurangi

I am curious as to why no one has suggested simply getting the one that they’ve already got.

scotroutes

Remember that you also have STW to rant to when the product or service you chose turns out to be an absolute dud and yet you don’t have the balls to discuss it with the person you bought it from.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If in doubt invade Russia in the winter

JoeG
    Free Member

Yes, you should get a fatbike! 😀

batfink
    Free Member

jekkyl

It’s guaranteed that one poster will go to town with their response and rather than the intended standard 3 line answer will type out an essay complete with pictures and links to verify his point. The Op won’t even say thanks.

Kahurangi

Yes jekkyl that is true, but the 1500 word essay was likely on a tangent and didn’t answer the OP at all 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you need to consider rotational injuries

bol

And will not be guaranted to contain any punctuation.

All that aside, I’m often astonished by the amount of time and thought people put into their responses, and dare I say it, what a lot of well balanced and well informed people can be found here.

mrblobby
    Free Member

About three times a month on average.

bearnecessities

Celery.

Drac

I’m sorry we’re all out of paste but due stocks are due in later this morning, once we have issues supplied the big hitters will come along to help you choose.

matt_outandabout

Nobby Nic’s work best for that situation.

trail_rat
    Free Member

tjgoesintoorbit ?

Cougar

I had the same question a while back. Even though there’s several solutions you should definitely do what worked for me, as obviously my situation must apply to the entire world.

Trust me, I work in IT so I know about these things.

jekkyl

What I love about STW is the immediacy. You can have a knackered shifter and your mates coming over in 30 minutes for a ride, put up a question here and you’ll get answers normally very quickly.

clubber
    Free Member

Surely someone needs to point out to the OP that he’s asked the wrong question.

Otherwise, the OP needs to get uppity because people have replied with responses he doesn’t like but which do actually answer the question but the OP has forgotten what he actually asked.

Pook

Has hora shagged it?

mrblobby
    Free Member

You actually read the OP’s question?

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m going to get very offended because I’ve misread the OP’s question, if that’s alright with everyone?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m just to repeating what someone else said because I can’t be bothered to read any of it except the thread title.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m just to repeating what someone else said because I can’t be bothered to read any of it except the thread title.

Edit: Too slow!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and
    pointless amounts of

bigyinn
    Free Member

iDave is the definitely the service you require.

bigyinn
    Free Member

So I read on here anyway.

grum
    Free Member

Ooh is this one of those who-can-be-the-most-cynical-and-cool contests? Awesome. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

“AWSOMZ”

🙄

wwaswas

Is disappoint.

freddyg
    Free Member

Skoda Octavia

miketually
    Free Member

I have a solution to a slightly different problem, which doesn’t meet your needs and costs three times as much, but I’m going to suggest it anyway.

verses

But a cheap Timex one from Argos does the same thing!

trail_rat
    Free Member

octavia 4×4 estate car with winter tires for crossing some leaves on a non motorway road in surrey

pictonroad

I’ve got one I don’t use anymore.

PayPal gift?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Asking SingleTrackWorld a QuestionTrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.