Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Asking for traffic calming
  • mdavids
    Free Member

Anyone had any experience getting a local road calmed?

The council have just re-classified most of the adjacent roads as 20 mph and put down speed bumps but left this one meaning it’s fare game as a rat-run for all the local bell-ends.

Just fired off an email to the council but I’d like to hear from anyone whos had success or otherwise trying to do the same.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

speed bumps

Why are they called that? If anything they slow you down!

SaxonRider

Good question, mdavids. I will be watching this thread with interest. My parents’ stretch of Market Street near Bacup is like an F1 straightaway.

globalti
    Free Member

Haaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa hahaha forgive me for wetting myself laughing but you’ve as much chance as a snowflake in hell. Residents in our street have been campaigning for 30 years for traffic calming and achieved diddly-squat. The reason is that our street has had only one accident involving a pedestrian and so we are languishing right at the bottom of Lancashire’s league table of deserving streets. Meanwhile down the road in Blackburn where there are folk who don’t bother teaching their kids about road safety there have been disasters and consequently the streets are a minefield of humps, table tops and chicanes.

So you are probably going to be victims of your own success in keeping your kids safe. At the same time there is no money for traffic calming and last but certainly not least, speed humps are now deeply unfashionable because once they are installed 50% of residents will whine about the damage they are doing to their cars.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Asking for traffic calming’ is closed to new replies.