Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Ashton Court Trail Edging
  • ransos
    Free Member

it’s nice when nobody tries to improve the trail in the style of a plonker.

Are the plonkers a) people who repair the trail or b) people who fall off at first sight of a little bit of gravel?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Wish I had Mr Agreeable’s confidence in the upcoming weather.

Wish I Had Mr Agreeable’s enthusiasm, knowlege of trail repair and above all selfless use of his personal time to help maintain the natural trails and act as an a go between developers, land owners and end users of the Nova trails.

jclay
    Free Member

ASHTON COURT QUESTION: Sorry to veer slightly off topic, I’ll correct this at the end…

Heading to AC for a few laps in prep for BBF at some point in the next week. I always struggle with finding the right place to park and end up miles from the trail and riding around blindly until I stumble across part of the course I know (normally the bottom of the climb at the end of the straight road section). Can anyone tell me where the best place to aprk is if I want the car near the course for storing supplies while I try 6 hours in the saddle, I’d be very grateful!

Back on topic, oooh rocks, oooh gravel, oooh trees, oooh whatever.

clubber
    Free Member

you’re going to ride the course for 6 hours in prep for the race?! 😯

The AC golf course car park would probably be closest to the course as its just to the right (up a hill! ) from where you cross the road on the course (after the first long Singletrack section)

jclay
    Free Member

I’m doing my first 12 hour solo. I did the Torq Rough Ride last weekend which was about 8 hours in the saddle. My plan is to try and find a pace that will get me round 12 laps of Ashton Court in 12 hours, which is slow slow slow so I need to know how slow!

I’ve tried finding the golf course before and got horribly lost, I’ll do plenty of google prep this time, thanks!

clubber
    Free Member

golf course car park is here

http://m.google.co.uk/u/m/RBRBU1

you need to enter AC from the top gate, not the bottom one. opposite bridge rd, at the top of Rownham hill

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Ashton Court Trail Edging’ is closed to new replies.