Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ashton Court Nova trail "traffic-calming features"?
  • fuzzhead
    Free Member

Went for a ride last night and encountered some big old boulders at the start and mid-way round the Nova trail.

Anybody know why they got put in?

andyl
    Free Member

they look like they are temporary, is there not some work going on around where they are?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

didn’t look like it – there was a warning sign and a bit of tape though.

andyl
    Free Member

the one down in the area of the end of the red run? Sure I saw some signs of work going on. Maybe there has been a few close calls with the path that crosses they are are there until they sort something better.

I was a bit confused by the rocks at the start of Nova after you head down from the main gravel path.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

the rocks @ the start was the main bit that confused me – it’s at the start of the trail where people will tend to be picking up speed due to the gradient + it’s where you just enter tree cover so you lose a bit of visibility.

MrAgreeable

Have these appeared over the last week or so, or have they always been there?

The aim of the ones at the start of the trail is to keep people on the line. It’s a bit nannyish, but part of the spec for the trail was to replace the old multi-line free-for-all with something a bit narrower. The estate’s quite a valuable natural environment so the width of old trail and the proliferation of lines was a big cause for concern when the ecologists did their survey. Narrow trails are easier to fix too.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

last week or so – i didn’t ride last week in AC, but they weren’t there the week before

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ashton Court Nova trail "traffic-calming features"?’ is closed to new replies.