Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ashton court / Leigh woods
  • sambalaws
    Free Member

I was thinking of heading to this area soon just for a change of scenery really. I rode Ashton court and what I think was call the timbaland trail a little while ago, and was hoping to tie these routes up with the new yer tiz (spl) over at Leigh woods I believe.

Are these close enough to incorporate into one ride or will it be a case of driving between them.

Thanks

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

They are on opposite sides of the road. 50 acre wood trail is a few hundred metres further along the road too.

sambalaws
    Free Member

Nice one, they all easily to find?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Start at the Golf Hut for AC. For AC and LW, just follow a mountain biker there will be loads about. For 50a just ask someone where you pop out of the Nova trail to get to it (the gap in the wall on the Beggar Bush lane segment, turn left, turn right after 200 m, descent the bridle way looking left after a few hundred metres for the entrance)

steezysix
    Free Member

They’re well signposted, plus there’s always people riding up there – someone can point you in the right direction if you need.

khegs
    Free Member

Easy enough to find, though you can end up going round Yer Tiz twice if you aren’t paying attention 😉

No idea what the parking is like, Leigh woods is probably a marginally better place to park than AC, if you can find a space. This is mainly because the road climb in AC is an absolute sod (unless there’s parking at the top?).

I’ve not been to 50 acre woods yet (maybe this weekend), but it looks like it should link in with the other 2 pretty well

1/1.5 times round LW* then 1/1.5 times round AC** & back to the car/ finish off with another loop of LW is nice, depending on how long you want to be out/how far you want to ride

* at the 2nd carpark (stone paving to slow you at the entrance/exit) you can either continue on to the hole in the wall at the start or meet up with the trail at the wooded singletrack section before the skills loop

** if you keep riding past the start of the nova trail it meets up again at the top of the red bit/start of the swoopy section

sambalaws
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.

It sounds like its a very busy place which does put me off a little to be honest but were see

wallop

It’s not that busy really. If you head over to Fifty Acre you probably won’t see another soul over there.

citybs13
    Free Member

Don’t be put off by thinking its always busy, Sunday mornings seems to be the worst, rode up there last night 4.30-6.30 , no one in Leigh woods , saw 2 other riders in Ashton court & no one in 50 acre woods . Some great off piste in Leigh woods at the moment, Saturday mornings early seems ok

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s a city trail so always plenty of riders about but it’s quite jolly and it doesn’t become a procession. A bit of genius that its very easy if you just bimble round so ideal for noobs, but if you sprint everywhere and dont brake it has some challenges to ride fast and clean, you can leave the ground in lots of places if you put the effort in.

50a is very quiet and a more trad South West style trail with tonnes of roots and random rocks and ruts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ashton court / Leigh woods’ is closed to new replies.