Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ashton Court Duathlon – Run Rider
  • karen805
    Free Member

Is anyone on here planning on doing the Run Rider duathlon on a couple of weeks? Anyone done it before?

I’ve never heard of it, until today when my trainer told me about it. I’m running the Ashton Court 10k on the 27th so I have been training quite hard (it will be my first 10k).

I’ve never done anything like it before, very tempted to sign up – but I don’t know how I’d feel after a 5.4k run, 9k cycle and then back onto another 5.4k run.

http://www.runrider.co.uk/

Karen

phil.w
    Free Member

Not doing this one as injury’s stopping me running.

If you decide to do it practice running off a hard bike session before hand. You’ll get some calf cramp but with some practice you’ll get used to it.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yep……I am doing it …will be my first duathlon as well ……should be fun in a non competitive kind of way.

wavejumper
    Free Member

I did it last year and was good fun. Quite tough as the run is hilly and the overall toughness is much tougher than the sum of the individual parts if that makes sense??

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

I did it last year. Didn’t know what to expect, the run was down down down (thinking this is gonna hurt sooner or later) then it was up up up.
    MTB course was superb – did it on my singlespeed, there was only one hill of any significance, really bermy twisty fun. The second run was as expected this time down down down up up up. Definitely worth a go. But I’m not doing it this year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ashton Court Duathlon – Run Rider’ is closed to new replies.