Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ashton Court and Leigh Woods
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

I went there today and well WOW brilliant day out

You Bristolians are a lucky lot having a play park like that on your doorstep

My local area is the Q’s 😀 but that is still a 40 minute drive

knottie8
    Free Member

Cracking day today

Go Andy!

boxfish
    Free Member

Yup. I’m lucky in that the trails are a 20 minute ride from my front door!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Anyone know if Ashton Court is open on Boxing Day?

SOAP
    Free Member

Its better than nowt but if you live in Bristol it soon becomes a bit boring.
    lucky with the weather today.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

the trails are always open, there are other trail to ride and the pump track at brunelway too,

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I totally agree Andy. It’s a real bolt hole during the winter. Was nice to chat to you today. Roly rides are like a house party but with riding instead of boozing 😀

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Nice one. Cheers. Roll on Boxing Day!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Did you go off piste at all, that’s when LW gets interesting (especially in this weather).

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

We just took one of the trails at the west of LW down to the river which was fine. No steep stuff.

TooTall
    Free Member

Its better than nowt but if you live in Bristol it soon becomes a bit boring.

Poor you. Have you lived anywhere else and had better all-weather trails so close?

Moses

I’m not complaining. Sorry I missed OldFart’s group ride in the morning, but I’d had a heavy evening before so I had to wait until noonish for a pootle.

SOAP
    Free Member

I’m not complaining either! It’s just OK
    I lived 15 mins from the Quantocks for 10 years so that is probably why I find it a “bit boring”

Flashy
    Free Member

If you ride it highly unsuitable bikes it keeps things fresh……

cheers_drive

The new AC and LW trails have been a saviour in the wetest of wet years in a wet area of the UK, however because of that I’m bored of them. I’m moving from Bristol next month and will miss having trails 10 minutes ride from the door.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Rode them today. Lovely bit of trail. Keeps one busy for an hour or so. The signposted stuff anyway. Cannot wait for next year’s Bristol Bikefest and the Oktoberfest!

GaryLake
    Free Member

They can get a bit repetitive but they’ve also resulted in me selling my roadbike in the middle of the wettest year in my lifetime. They’re a god send if you want to keep fit and don’t want to ride on the road. You’re right though, they’re ace and we’re genuinely spoilt by them tbh!

I even bundle them into my commute most days 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ashton Court and Leigh Woods’ is closed to new replies.