Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ashton Court 8 hour race in October. MYB meets lasn bowls?
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Doing this race in a team of 3 in a couple of weeks.
    Never been there before, but from videos it looks totally flat????
    Last races I did were Glentress 7 and the the Tour de Ben Nevis but this has been organised by my triathlete pal.
    Is there a strava segment or gpx around for it?

I’m thinking my heavy, full sus Salsa Horsethief might not be the right bike!

rOcKeTdOg

Compared to Ben Nevis it’s flat but riders just go faster on the flat so it’ll be just as much challenge. Remember flat means pedalling for 8 hours, with minimal long down hills there is no coasting/recovery

HT is the bike, full rigid would be a choice too

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

We’re doing it as a team, so won’t be out for long each time.

njee20
    Free Member

Which again means you just ride even harder

It is flat, good fun though.

flashes
    Free Member

It is pretty flat 3 wee hills. I ride the course every night, it’s on my way home. My quickest is 30 mins 10 seconds 26er rigid, hardtail, SS, and 32 mins on the fixed 29 and SS Fatbike, fast boys way under 30 min laps……..if dry quite slippy polished stone…..

molgrips
    Free Member

When I did BBF it was flat, then a long shallow descent followed by a short sharp climb (both very little altitude tbh) and then more flat. Very fast course, wide which meant flat out riding with easy passing. My best times ever in a team race (relative to the winners)

mduncombe
    Free Member

Will it be the same course as Bikefest?

I ride here most weekends when the weather doesn’t warrant travelling further a field, always come home happy though.

http://www.bike-fest.com/course

Not flat flat but and the rocky climb up to the start of Super Nova will give you a workout if you are looking to use it to pass people.

Hardtail or XC full suspension like a giant Anthem (more for comfort) is the way to go. Heck I have even been passed by a cyclocross bike on occasion.

Its fast and fun though. Rides way better than you might think. Some of the rocks are rather polished through use and are squeaky in the dry and slippery in the wet

egb81
    Free Member

It is a flat out course with short steepish ups and slightly longer but shallower descents. There’s a fair bit of singletrack so getting passed slower riders can be a pain sometimes but as long as everyone is polite it’s all good natured. Hardtail 29er is the weapon of choice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ashton Court 8 hour race in October. MYB meets lasn bowls?’ is closed to new replies.