• This topic has 81 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Ashley Madison
  • bearnecessities

Can this be merged with the pulled pork thread?

wwaswas

“Must be a lot of nervous folk today.”

well, the thing is either you think your nearest and, one assumes, dearest is off looking for alternative bedroom arrangements already. In which case what are you going to gain by looking as your relationship is clearly at a point it’s almost irrelevant whether they actually have set up an account on there or not.

or you think that there’s no way they’d be on a site like than and, again, why would you look?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I honestly cannot remember whether I’ve ever had an Ashley Madison account. Kinda hope so.

GrahamS

In other bizarre internet news, MumsNet has been attacked by DadSecurity 😕

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Its hard enough trying to get out on my bike once a week.

… and Mrs Bike wants more?

wwaswas

Is hora on a sabbatical? he’d normally be all over this sort of thread…

bearnecessities

He is Ashley Madison.

franksinatra

really don’t get it myself, as I don’t see how you can be married, probably with kids, and have..

a) the time
    b) the energy
    c) the inclination

All of the above, plus I know that I would never, ever get away with it.

toby1

Depends on whether this ‘list’ is registered users, or their email DB. They have been spamming my gmail account for a couple of years, despite me never having been within a mile of their site and before all the “yeah, yeah, yeah”s come in why would I lie to you lot, it’s not like you know me or my wife (that or the fact that I have a really good relationship and have no need to roam the internet looking for extra martials) 🙂

jamesy01
    Free Member

Waste of time….none of my colleagues are on it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes they spam me all the tome too and I have never used it either…if enough of us do it you are off the hook? like when we say we got a group deal on Reverbs so they were only £25 each that sort of thing?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I really don’t get it myself, as I don’t see how you can be married, probably with kids, and have..

a) the time
    b) the energy
    c) the inclination

Agree. If some lady off of the internet offered me super sex…..I’d have the soup. 😳

Klunk
    Free Member

Depends on whether this ‘list’ is registered users

the second one is a the full data dump, with credit card numbers and account details, addresses etc.

dannyh
    Free Member

I really don’t get it myself, as I don’t see how you can be married, probably with kids, and have..

a) the time
    b) the energy
    c) the inclination

Almost exactly what I tell the missus.

Usually followed by a comment about finding it difficult enough having to be a mind-reader with one woman, so it’s unlikely I’d choose to double the stress. I mean, that’s two people to have to lie to about bike purchases.

If some lady off of the internet offered me super sex…..I’d have the soup.

I am partial to a nice soup, though – is there a site where you can get illicit Cullen Skink???

perchypanther
    Free Member

I am partial to a nice soup, though – is there a site where you can get illicit Cullen Skink???

A brothel?

DezB
    Free Member

Tip: If you’re found on the site, just say they faked your details 😆

purpleyeti
    Free Member

Cougar can you please quantify

hands of the bottom half of the Internet

pretty sure it’s in anyone with an internet connections hands. pretty sure their vulnerability and safety was pretty compromised already with the fact that the most common password so far is password doesn’t take a genius to get these peoples details.

pjt201
    Free Member

Someone has purported to make an online checker here: https://ashley.cynic.al/

@bigdummy, all three email addresses I have for you test negative for Ashley Madison.

wwaswas

dannyh
    Free Member

A brothel?

Doffs hat.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

pretty sure it’s in anyone with an internet connections hands

he’s busy in another thread with JHJ, but I assumed he meant now in the hands of people who can abuse/exploit it, not that anyone/everyone with access to it is a bottom dweller.

moose
    Free Member

It’s caused a bit of a stir in the US. A lot of military and government email addresses on there, compromising a great may people. 😯

Play stupid games and all that. 🙄

CountZero

binners – Member
    I can’t decide if Ashley Madison sounds more like the name of an …ahem… ‘adult entertainment’ star, or an American Investment Bank?

I thought they were something to do with the black MPV’s you see around London a lot, with the very conveniently blacked-out windows… 😉

Cougar – Moderator
    Its hard enough trying to get out on my bike once a week.
    That’s probably just vibration, try a softer suspension setting perhaps?

*snigger*

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d never heard of them before the hack story broke, I call absolute bullshit on the stat there’s 1m UK users, more likely they’ve just purchased email/user DBs lists from various dodgy places.

hora
    Free Member

Is this a genuine list? Why would someone use an unrelated one?

GrahamS

I’d never heard of them before the hack story broke, I call absolute bullshit on the stat there’s 1m UK users

Conversely I had heard of them and thought they were fairly well known (i.e. about as well known as Adult Friend Finder, Tinder, Grindr etc). The 1m figure wouldn’t surprise me at all. Bear in mind that not all of those will be active users. It will include long dead accounts, “deleted” accounts, people with multiple accounts, and people who just created an account to check up on their partner or neighbours (or just wanted some saucy photos).

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I call absolute bullshit on the stat there’s 1m UK users, more likely they’ve just purchased email/user DBs lists from various dodgy places.

999,000 male users and 1,000 female users 900 of which have been invented by Ashley Madison would be my guess.

m0rk
    Free Member

Has anyone just uploaded the text somewhere yet…? Taking forever to download 9Gb

drlex
    Free Member

There’s another 19GB to go, should you want all the CEO’s emails (13GB) and the source code for the AM website. I wonder whether pictures are coming next?

piemonster

I’d never heard of them before the hack story broke, I call absolute bullshit on the stat there’s 1m UK users, more likely they’ve just purchased email/user DBs lists from various dodgy places.

There could be a lot of BS for sure. But I wonder how many of the male users are “window shoppers” with no real intent on actually doing owt but pixelated lechery?

leffeboy

I liked the fact the apparently a lot of the messages from women on the site were apparently computer generated but you still have to pay to access them 🙂

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I am with binners and andyh anyone that wants another unbalanced hormonal irrational “thing” in their lives deserves all they get – I can barely manage one

eddiebaby
    Free Member

pjt201 – Member
    Someone has purported to make an online checker here: https://ashley.cynic.al/

😯

Cougar

Interesting development…

Ashley Madison looks like it was always a big sad scam

Looks like the site itself was, ah, cheating.

RepackRider
    Free Member

Men paid to join and paid to un-join. Saw this article today which indicates that less than 1% of the female profiles belonged to actual women, the rest generated by employees.

BigDummy
    Free Member

This is potentially of interest.

28 Dates Later

In which the blogger goes on Ashley Madison, and has a pleasant enough evening with a bored lady.

My irritation with this story is mounting rather. As always in matters concerned with humping, Dan Savage is strikingly sane and un-tiresome.

airtragic
    Free Member

M@MI5.gov.uk
    tblair@labour.gov.uk
    😆

leffeboy

My favourite at the moment is that it appears that they also took some of their competitors data by naughty means
    https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/08/leaked-ashleymadison-emails-suggest-execs-hacked-competitors/

DezB
    Free Member

Not very often a phishing/attempted blackmail email actually makes me laugh… brilliant:

Unfortunately your data was leaked in the recent hacking of Ashley Madison and I know have your information. I have also used your user profile to find your Facebook page, using this I can now message all of your friends and family members.

If you would like to prevent me from sharing this dirt info with all of your friends and family members (and perhaps even your employers too?) then you need to send 2 bitcoin (2 BTC) to the following BTC address.

Bitcoin Address:
    1AEJiZFnELwRZVjmVSvDSwUaXNZy4X9bQN

You may be wondering why should you and what will prevent other people from doing the same, in short you now know to change your privacy settings in Facebook so no one can view your friends/family list. So go ahead and update that now (I have a copy if you dont pay) to stop any future emails like this.

You can buy bitcoin using online exchanges easily. If the bitcoin is not paid within 3 days of 24 Sep 2015 then my system will automatically message all of your friends and family members. The bitcoin address is unique to you.

Consider how expensive a divorce lawyer is. If you are no longer in a committed relationship then think about how this will affect your social standing amongst family and friends. What will your friends and family think about you?

Sincerely,
    Paul

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

String “Paul” along. Appeal to his better nature or something. See what he says. Or try bargaining – say “Look, will twenty quid make it go away?” 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Ashley Madison’ is closed to new replies.