Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 693 total)
  • Ashes 2013
  • hammy7272
    Free Member

What was that Kevin?

I’m off to bed.

theotherjonv

That’s even more brainless, premeditated with 2 blokes posted there.

grum
    Free Member

FFS KP! 🙁

On TMS, Geoffrey Boycott suggested Joe Root should hang himself. At the risk of hand-wringing – not really a very sensible thing to say.

zokes
    Free Member

Yep. KP. Stupid.

Exactly as yesterday. Nobody is losing their wickets, Australian or English, they are throwing them away.

Junkyard
    Free Member

KP never fails to deliver failing to deliver and he is in good company.

All out for less than Clarke and Hadins partnership

spacemonkey

Well in Carbs. Decent strike rate too given the situation. Just need Belly to replicate his form of this summer and me might just have a chance of saving Test.

zokes
    Free Member

Hundredup

spacemonkey

**** it. Carbs out. Debut boy in then out-of-sorts Prior. Eng all out for less than 275 and going 2-0 down 🙁

brokensoul
    Free Member

Erm.
    Someone stay in for a bit, please.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Personally I think we’ve done a great job of lulling them into a false sense of security. Root Carberry Monty and Bell to hit double centuries, declare on 900 then Monty and Swanny to clean them up for less than 300. Easy

zokes
    Free Member

It’s OK, it’s lunch now. They can’t lose a wicket for a while.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep it seems like they survived the sandwiches now back to the business of constructing a batting collapse.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks like Cook will be batting this afternoon

zokes
    Free Member

This is truly quite depressing

zokes
    Free Member

Monty monty give us a wave…

slackalice
    Free Member

0345. Thought I’d just have a quick look on TMS.

The Australian’s are going to be insufferable.

slackalice
    Free Member

Triple wicket maiden?

WTF?

Just catching up on the As it happened text.

I’ve read enough. Back to bed for me. Night night.

zokes
    Free Member

At least Bell’s standing up

yossarian
    Free Member

Pathetically poor England.

zokes
    Free Member

He bowls to the left, he bowls to the right, Mitchell Johnson’s bowling is Sh…

Oh, hang on…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is it tomorrow your off down there Zokes? I reckon Clark just did you a favour by not enforcing the follow on, you might at least see a session of Cricket. No chance of a downpour?

zokes
    Free Member

Yeah, I wish he’d not tbh. I could have had a refund on the tickets and gone on the wife’s xmas booze cruise round the Barossa valley.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

never say never, still a few hours to go

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Just woke up. Bloody hell 😕

martinhutch

What a pack of shite. Why did they even bother turning up?

cheers_drive

If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m typing this on a smartphone I’d think that I woke up having time traveled back 20 years 😐

Stoner
    Free Member

what a waste of plane tickets.
    for the squad I mean, not the fans…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member
    What a pack of shite. Why did they even bother turning up?

With the exception of Bell, Pansar and Carberry nobody did turn up with the bat. Just like Brisbane with a killer 20 mins.

What we don’t have is a Mitchell Johnson, we could do with one just to hide some shoddy batting.

theotherjonv

Jeez. Cricket’s an odd one, a team game that’s made up of a series of one on one battles. And when a player hits their straps, they can win games on their own, particularly if it’s a bowler. Which is what johnson’s done this time and last. Trouble is, that like in the past with warne, when there’s a guy in that form at one end, the other assumes a menace that it shouldn’t really have.

We’ve got to find a counter attack to Johnson, he’s a confidence player and still a bit fragile; might be that for cook and carberry to get in and blunt him might even make the difference. But with the waca up next…… I think it’s goodnight ashes, tbh.

zokes
    Free Member

We’ve got to find a counter attack to Johnson,

We have several:

Proven: Cook, Pieterson, Bell, Prior
    Promising: Root, Carberry

The trouble is, Bell and Carberry excepted, none of them seem to realise this

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m not surprised Clarke opted to bat again. Give his bowlers a rest, as it is a good batting strip and get an unattainable lead with two days to knock over a very fragile England.

Did anyone put money down on a 3-0 Aussie win? They’re going to destroy us at Perth…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I wonder if they can field 10 fast bowlers for Perth, they can’t bat any worse…..

grum
    Free Member

Jesus.

Hats off to Mitchell Johnson for another display of proper intimidating fast bowling on a flat pitch, but also some woefully poor batting from England.

MrSmith
    Free Member

He’s not actually an amazing bowler just quick, but England are soft in the head (apart from Bell/Carberry) and I doubt mentally they can come back from this plus they end up bowling a lot with no rest as they don’t bat for very long.
    It’s like being back in the Atherton days, soon cook will be rolling his eyes and looking skywards for rain while shuffling another un imaginative field placing and preying for the runs to stop.

If australia played SA tomorrow they would be made to look ordinary they lack quality right through the team, England are gifting them the series on a plate.

I’m not giving the rest of the series any more attention until they start playing like we know they can as they are better than that, I don’t mind them losing, I just want to see a bit of fight, less mental capitulation and not innings or 300 run defeats to a mediocre australia.

jambalaya
    Free Member

At least the Aussies put up a flight in England. It’s as if England want to lose quickly so they can enjoy a holiday.

psychle
    Free Member

I’ll just pop in quickly (before heading off to bed) to mention these quite amazing figures:

5-12 off 18 balls, in the space of about 20 minutes…

What a truly fantastic spell of Test match bowling, it’s excellence only exceeded by the feebleness of the batsman facing it! 😆 8)

Damn shame MJ didn’t convert one of the hatrick chances, but you can’t have everything eh?

Now, just imagine if we had Pat Cummins (or James Pattinson) fit and in this side as well, scary thought for you Poms eh? 😀

“You are the Army, the Barmy Army
    You still sing when – you are losing
    So when we are winning – its confusing
    Why you are singing, when you are losing”

RichPenny
    Free Member

He aims for your head,
    He aims for the stumps,
    He’s Mitchell Johnson,
    My god, what a ****.

zokes
    Free Member

Now, just imagine if we had Pat Cummins (or James Pattinson) fit and in this side as well, scary thought for you Poms eh?

Scarier if you’re fielding at second slip, I’d have thought…

Why you are singing, when you are losing

Because, having had almost as much practice as you at losing, we’ve become rather more dignified than you bogans. 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4cS4yk3SXTI#t=25[/video]

yossarian
    Free Member

Fairplay psychle, you’ve taken some stick on here and it’s definitely your turn to dish some out now!

“You are the Army, the Barmy Army
    You still sing when – you are losing
    So when we are winning – its confusing
    Why you are singing, when you are losing”

It’s hard for fair weather Aussie cricket ‘fans’ to understand. 😉

If/when we lose this test, then the ashes and the series in Perth you can expect us to sing louder, for longer and cavort around like maniacs.

It’s a English ting. An indomitable, irreverent and self effacing spirit born from our climate, our history and our humour.

Bit complex for you lot I suppose. 😀

zokes
    Free Member

to the” Dads Army tune”

who do you think you are kidding Mitchell Johnson
    if you think old Englands done
    we are the boys who inflicted all your pain
    soon your be bowling left and right again
    so who do you think you are kidding Mitchell Johnson
    if you think old Englands done

Let’s see if I can sing that loud enough today to inspire a couple of English hundreds…

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 693 total)

The topic ‘Ashes 2013’ is closed to new replies.